Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

so a few weeks ago a guy i work with told me i was beautiful which i found really sweet but i have no interest in him. He then kept messaging me and i replied a few times but ended up ignoring his last message so he then started ignoring me at work, i guess he thought i didn't want to talk to him? We got back on speaking terms but today his friend came up to me and basically asked me out for him (i'm 18 he's 22) i had to say no because i really have no interest in this guy and never will and now things are so awkward, every time i walk past him he ignores me and his friend will start shouting my name and making things awkward and i feel like he's told everyone at work that i rejected him. Any ideas on how i can get this awkwardness to stop?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest he's just being ridiculous.

I have someone who I work with, we get on really well - I sent her flowers, asked her out. She said thanks but no thanks,now we're good mates and there's no awkwardness at all. A few people at my workplace know what happened, and some of them ripped me about it for a good few weeks too. XD

He probably approached it the wrong way, if he was more laid back about it then you saying no thanks shouldn't have been such a big deal - either that or he's just pathetic. He probably thought he had this one in the bag. Let's be honest, it does hurt a bit if someone doesn't like you back but you can't dwell on it or (in his case) be a baby about it.

He's 22 which is round my age so I don't really get it?

You don't like him, he should have accepted it gracefully and moved on like a normal human being..I'm assuming you'd have still been his friend/someone to talk to at work if he hadn't reacted that way?

Just carry on doing your job to the best of your ability. Don't entertain him if he pays you compliments (then he'll know there's no chance, ever). Don't feel awkward if his mate shouts your name, just ignore him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.