The Student Room Group

Zoology 2016 Offers

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to everyone with their offers! 😄 I have been offered a conditional at Nottingham for zoology (BBB!). Also out of curiosity has anyone applied for animal science/Bioveterinary sciences? (at Nottingham and Surrey/RVC respectively)
Also I don't know whether to book a place on one of the visit days for Nottingham, yay or nay?
Original post by Richard5117
Congratulations to everyone with their offers! 😄 I have been offered a conditional at Nottingham for zoology (BBB!). Also out of curiosity has anyone applied for animal science/Bioveterinary sciences? (at Nottingham and Surrey/RVC respectively)
Also I don't know whether to book a place on one of the visit days for Nottingham, yay or nay?

I applied for an MSCi in bioveterinary sciences at rvc, any questions? :smile:
Original post by Unsuperhero
I applied for an MSCi in bioveterinary sciences at rvc, any questions? :smile:

Nice! I was going to apply for the masters however I was hoping to apply for the accelerated BVetMed while in my third year during the Bioveterinary science course, so I didn't want to spend an extra year studying if it wouldn't help my entry onto the BVetMed course. But if a masters would help me in my application then I would consider transfering onto the MSc if that's possible at the RVC? Where else have you applied to btw if you wouldn't mind me asking? 😉
Nice! I was going to apply for the masters however I was hoping to apply for the accelerated BVetMed while in my third year during the Bioveterinary science course, so I didn't want to spend an extra year studying if it wouldn't help my entry onto the BVetMed course. But if a masters would help me in my application then I would consider transfering onto the MSc if that's possible at the RVC? Where else have you applied to btw if you wouldn't mind me asking? 😉

I think a lot of people apply to the accelerated programme with a degree, a masters might give you a one up but it isn't necessary. I would email their admissions department as they're super helpful and reply quickly.

I also applied to the MSCi in Wild animal biology at rvc, and MSCi in zoology at Bristol and Nottingham and also Queen Mary. I withdrew my applications from the rest though as I got my unconditional for Wild animal biology and it was the only course I actually wanted to do ( I know everyone warns against it but I couldn't be happier)

Is rvc your first choice? There doesn't seem to be a large community for applicants lol

Good luck! :smile:
Congrats on the unconditional! I don't really have a first choice atm lol, the thing is I really like all the uni's that offered me places 😆. Zoology at Nottingham, Vet Bioscience at Surrey, Animal science at Nottingham and Biovet science at the RVC. It's a tough choice to make, but I'm sure it'll come to me in time.
Congrats on the unconditional! I don't really have a first choice atm lol, the thing is I really like all the uni's that offered me places 😆. Zoology at Nottingham, Vet Bioscience at Surrey, Animal science at Nottingham and Biovet science at the RVC. It's a tough choice to make, but I'm sure it'll come to me in time.

Nottingham is really lovely, good vibes and all, if I was willing to leave London I'd go there or Bristol. It's good that you have choices, I wish you all the best :smile:
Yh I love Nottingham uni, and going there would be significantly easier as its where I live haha. I do like the location of the RVC with it being in central London and a short walk from Saint Pancras station aswell though. Thanks for the feedback 🙂 And good luck with the rest of your studies!
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from Exeter? I got an email a minute ago saying this - just thought I'd let you all know just in case

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1452608614.293189.jpg

(Sorry if it's low quality)
Original post by egilford
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from Exeter? I got an email a minute ago saying this - just thought I'd let you all know just in case

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1452608614.293189.jpg

(Sorry if it's low quality)

Yeah, I got this last year when I was waiting until March before they finally gave me an offer. Hopefully you aren't waiting much longer
Original post by TomC_97
Yeah, I got this last year when I was waiting until March before they finally gave me an offer. Hopefully you aren't waiting much longer

Ah thank you! I really hope that they don't make us wait much longer. The only thing that bugs me is that they've spoken in the email about a level playing field but they've already given quite a few people offers? Seems strange
Ah thank you! I really hope that they don't make us wait much longer. The only thing that bugs me is that they've spoken in the email about a level playing field but they've already given quite a few people offers? Seems strange

Yeah i know what you mean, its like its first come first served for a bit and then they decide to wait until now for all other applications. I already got an offer so it seems a bit unfair, when did you apply again?
Original post by TomC_97
Yeah i know what you mean, its like its first come first served for a bit and then they decide to wait until now for all other applications. I already got an offer so it seems a bit unfair, when did you apply again?

I sent my application off in early October so really early :smile:
I sent my application off in early October so really early :smile:

Is Exeter the only one that hasnt given you a decision yet?
Reply 193

Are you just applying for zoology on its own? I've applied for the course with the year abroad so I thought that was why mine was taking so long and why others had offers....
Original post by TomC_97
Is Exeter the only one that hasnt given you a decision yet?

Yep, had offers from my other 4 choices..3 of which in the first 5 days
Original post by hms30
Are you just applying for zoology on its own? I've applied for the course with the year abroad so I thought that was why mine was taking so long and why others had offers....

I've applied for the course without the year abroad and still haven't heard anything. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon!!
Reply 196
I've applied for the course without the year abroad and still haven't heard anything. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon!!

I'm sure you'll get an answer soon too! It's so odd how some people have offers and the rest are told to wait
Hey I've applied for Zoology MBio at Lincoln and Zoology with Evolution MZool at Bangor.
I have also applied for Evolutionary Biology MSci and BSc at Exeter Penryn Campus and Evolutionary Biology BSc at St Andrews.

BBB?! Wow that's so good!!!
Hi everyone! I only managed to send off my UCAS app the day before deadline due to some issues but my choices are Zoology at Anglia Ruskin, Lincoln, Exeter, Bangor and Leicester, but I've already got a conditional offer from Lincoln so I'm stoked! Maybe it's a good sign that I got an offer only 12 or so hours after they received my application? :'D
Also, I've received confirmation emails from all my choices aside from Anglia Ruskin, do ARU usually send confirmation emails?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending