The Student Room Group

Zoology 2016 Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophjeff
Just discovered this thread! So hey guys!

I've applied for zoology at Liverpool, Bristol, Cardiff, Southampton and Swansea. Sent it off a few days before deadline and already received two offers within a week! One was Southampton with AAB and the other Swansea however haven't received the offer grades through on UCAS yet. :frown:

Its a long story but basically I'm currently doing a gap year but resitting pretty much all my A2 exams. Current grades are:
Biology - C (A at AS)
Chemistry - D (resat units 1 and 2 last year alongside A2s and ended up neglecting my a2 exams to do better in as resits)
Maths - B (resat M1 and C2 alongside A2s as got a D at AS)
AS Geography - A

anyways fingers crossed for us all getting the grades and offers we want! :smile:

Have your grades for Swansea come through yet? It can take a few hours but if it's been longer than that I'd suggest either contacting the university to ask or contacting UCAs directly. Congrats on your offers so far though!
Original post by egilford
Have your grades for Swansea come through yet? It can take a few hours but if it's been longer than that I'd suggest either contacting the university to ask or contacting UCAs directly. Congrats on your offers so far though!

yeah, finally came through today! :smile: thanks!
Original post by Sophjeff
yeah, finally came through today! :smile: thanks!

Yay! That's good. I hope the grades are what you wanted 😄
Exeter just rang me and gave me an offer! I'm so happy 😄😄
(edited 8 years ago)
Exeter just rang me and gave me an offer! I'm so happy 😄😄

I told you that you'd be fine 😛 Strange that they rang you though, congratulations
Original post by TomC_97
I told you that you'd be fine 😛 Strange that they rang you though, congratulations

Thank you! The phone number looked like a spam number so I didn't pick up, but they left a voicemail. I think it might be because UCAS aren't sending out emails at the moment? I checked and my offer has come up on UCAS but they didn't email me telling me that one of my applications had changed? Weird
Reply 226
Thank you! The phone number looked like a spam number so I didn't pick up, but they left a voicemail. I think it might be because UCAS aren't sending out emails at the moment? I checked and my offer has come up on UCAS but they didn't email me telling me that one of my applications had changed? Weird

Congratulations! I had a missed call today but they didn't leave a message so I'm guessing it's not Exeter... I hope I'll get an offer soon too 😂

Oh wow, that is weird. I don't know about them not sending emails at the moment. I hope i get a quick decision after my Leeds interview next month
I applied to Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, Newcastle and Reading and got offers from all 5 by November 18th! Pretty sure I am firming Bristol and putting Newcastle as my insurance :smile:
Reply 229
Original post by liquity
I applied to Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, Newcastle and Reading and got offers from all 5 by November 18th! Pretty sure I am firming Bristol and putting Newcastle as my insurance :smile:

Congrats on the offers! :smile:

I've got an interview at Leeds in two weeks... nervous because I want to put it as my firm so I hope it goes well!
Original post by dahlx

I've got an interview at Leeds in two weeks... nervous because I want to put it as my firm so I hope it goes well!

Me too, people keep saying it's just an informal chat about your personal statement but i want to make sure i do well. Mine is on 22nd because i had to re-schedule, when's yours?
Original post by dahlx

I very nearly applied to Leeds but I didn't like the look of the course as much as I liked the look of Newcastle's so I switched it! Thank you very much, good luck with your interview, I've heard Leeds is really lovely!
I got an offer from Exeter for Zoology with study abroad, that's 2 offers so far now (Lincoln being the other) though Exeter seems to be like my tougher option since they want me to get a B in GCSE maths... Which I'm currently retaking for the fourth time :redface:
Original post by TomC_97
Me too, people keep saying it's just an informal chat about your personal statement but i want to make sure i do well. Mine is on 22nd because i had to re-schedule, when's yours?

mines on the 18th, what do you think they will ask?
Original post by annelise millar
mines on the 18th, what do you think they will ask?

Mine was meant to be on 18th, but because I'm going up to Leeds on 21st for rugby, they agreed for me to have it on 22nd instead. I reckon it will be mostly about your personal statement, elaborating on what you said. Could you give me a heads-up after yours please?
Hi all, I've applied for zoology at Sheffield, Liverpool, Leicester, Hull and Lincoln. I sent my application off on jan 1st, and I have 3 conditional offers and an unconditional so far. I'm just waiting on Liverpool.
Sheffield : conditional AAB
Leicester: conditional reduced offer to BBB
Hull: unconditional
Lincoln: conditional
I'm just hoping for a reply soon from Liverpool so I can sort out my final two! :h:
Reply 236
Original post by TomC_97

Ah I see! Mine's on the 11th, so pretty soon... eek. From what I've heard, they ask a few questions on why you want to study at Leeds in particular; so I think it's just an informal chat as well as trying to suss out who will put Leeds as firm.
Reply 237
I'm not sure weather to study at Anglia Ruskin or Hull university as both courses look great but one may be better than the other i'm not sure, anyone have any ideas? Also which place will be better to stay for student life aha
Original post by dahlx
Ah I see! Mine's on the 11th, so pretty soon... eek. From what I've heard, they ask a few questions on why you want to study at Leeds in particular; so I think it's just an informal chat as well as trying to suss out who will put Leeds as firm.

Yeah that would make sense. Good luck with yours! Let me know if it's completely different to what we thought haha
Original post by Maxvo2
I'm not sure weather to study at Anglia Ruskin or Hull university as both courses look great but one may be better than the other i'm not sure, anyone have any ideas? Also which place will be better to stay for student life aha

Hull is much higher in the biological science league tables compared to Anglia Ruskin so academically that might be the better option for you. In terms of student life and location Hull seems to be near to the sea/rivers where as Anglia Ruskin looks as if it's in the middle of nowhere - but ultimately it comes down to where you feel most comfortable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending