Turn on thread page Beta

How long can someone go without talking to people? watch

ReputationRep:
    efited.

ReputationRep:
    Eternity.

ReputationRep:
    Depends entirely on your personality, how introverted you are. Some people could easily go months, others would go crazy after a few days,

ReputationRep:
    Can't help you. I was born crazy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i love talking to friends...family on the other hand is different, cant stand hearing them moaning about you all the time, especially when mine dont really give time to me, they just shrug off things i say but expect me to listen to their lectures. when i hear their crap, it makes me retreat from human contact and just stay silent in my room all day

ReputationRep:
    If you can keep yourself occupied and know what you're doing and you like some solitude then you will be fine for a while. If you however are used to relying on peoples company, get bored easily, or start feeling isolated you will need someone to talk to. You should also look for someone who can provide you with meaningful talk, even if it's someone online.

ReputationRep:
    12 hours is the most i've gone while awake but that's because there was no one to talk to

it's impossible to move forward in this day and age without talking to anyone though so... good luck with that

i read of mice and men and apparently not having anyone will lead you to be unable to differentiate between what's reality and what's in your head and you'll basically go crazy like Crooks did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TreeFellOnMe)
    If you can keep yourself occupied and know what you're doing and you like some solitude then you will be fine for a while. If you however are used to relying on peoples company, get bored easily, or start feeling isolated you will need someone to talk to. You should also look for someone who can provide you with meaningful talk, even if it's someone online.

This is basically me. Plus I'm unemployed and at home all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRguy100)
    I've literally had enough with people and people on the internet. No matter what I do I'm always doing something wrong. Even if I ask a question, I just get mocked for it.

I'm thinking of just not talking to anyone any more unless it absolutely necessary. Not even people on the internet.

I'm just wondering is there a certain amount of time someone can go without talking to anyone before they turn crazy or something?

Thank you.
    Depending on your personality, you can probably do it for a while. You won't be able to have a job and will only be able to shop in certain places though, which limits things.

ReputationRep:
    Become a hermit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If they've really pissed me off then forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.