Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

In our culture who is more stigamtised, Tall girl or short guy? watch

Lets say the girl is 6ft 3 and the guy is 5ft 2.

ReputationRep:
    5 ft 2 looooool

Short guy

ReputationRep:
    guy

ReputationRep:
    Short guys because tall girls can have nice legs.

ReputationRep:
    Guys all day long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lets say the girl is 6ft 3 and the guy is 5ft 2.
    Neither is the best height for the girl or guy, but "short guy" is a thing but "tall girl" isn't.

I'd say the guy, not to ignore the difficulties tall girls may have.

ReputationRep:
    Tall girls become models. Short guys end up as stunt doubles on Game of Thrones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hektik)
    Neither is the best height for the girl or guy, but "short guy" is a thing but "tall girl" isn't.

I'd say the guy, not to ignore the difficulties tall girls may have.
    that height is desirable in the competitive modelling industry (girls)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtobealady)
    that height is desirable in the competitive modelling industry (girls)
    I mean it in a broad kind off "who get's the most flak" kind of way, and short guys seem to get the abuse whereas women don't.

ReputationRep:
    Guys. The internet has made me aware that there are sections of people out there who believe if you are a male under 5'6, you may aswell just kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Tall girls become models. Short guys end up as stunt doubles on Game of Thrones.
    What about whoever plays Brienne
    And I think Peter Dinklage has done pretty well lol

edit: lol she's a model
    Thought I might get caught out there

ReputationRep:
    i'd say short guys are more stigmatised, tall girls are more celebrated and compared to models etc.

and most girls, even short girls don't want to be with a short guy, whereas a tall girl can get guys more easily (though in my experience, tall guys seem just as rare!)

ReputationRep:
    Guys.

Unless you're gay.

ReputationRep:
    Tall girl. Nobody can reach those heights lol. And people have a "thing" for short girls.

Reminds me of the episode of Inbetweeners where Will dated "Big Kerry" and called her a "cocksucking skyscraper."

That was too funny, wow.

In fact everyone is stigmatized, like even tall guys are stigmatized: everyone expects them to be something and not all are those things. And it's always harder when you're younger since many people are small at young ages. You'd feel like a "giant, a freak, a monster," seriously. But then you become an adult and people look at you with all these expectations. That can pressure you too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.