12.20%
    Baseball
    0%
    Other
    7.32%

ReputationRep:
    Poll provided

ReputationRep:
    Cricket, F1, Football, Darts, Snooker, Curling. To name but a few.

ReputationRep:
    Golf.

They used it in Guantamo Bay to slowly torture people, until it was declared a cruel and unusual punishment and then when back to less psychologically damaging treatments like water boarding.

ReputationRep:
    Golf and formula one. Although some of the 'athletes' are quite hot.

ReputationRep:
    Snooker is boring (wasn't sure if it was a mainstream sport) yet at the same time I like watching it because it's strangely hypnotic

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone got against snooker...

ReputationRep:
    Snooker is ok
    And I personally love watching F1
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Cricket

Worked at the Oval for 3 days in a row and didn't even understand what was going on :erm:

ReputationRep:
    It surely has to be formula one of all the major sports doesn't it?

It's such an immensely boring sport that even though I always have long term bets on the winner of the drivers championship I never bother watching it!

Even the people who run it know it's boring.

ReputationRep:
    Five years ago I'd have defended F1, I just can't anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** isn't football in the poll? The majority of games are dull as ****.

ReputationRep:
    Cricket

FFTypoCorrector

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Cricket

Worked at the Oval for 3 days in a row and didn't even understand what was going on :erm:
    Surely that's more to do with the fact that you don't know the game, as oppose to it being boring?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Surely that's more to do with the fact that you don't know the game, as oppose to it being boring?
    I think of it as boring since I displayed no interest nor made an effort to understand cricket so .. yes.

ReputationRep:
    Golf and formula one
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    F1 goes on for a tad too long for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    Golf is just plain and simply dry.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely cricket, just a bunch of potatoes that look like they' have been eating too many rotis and samosas the night before, that just stand their waiting to catch the ball.

ReputationRep:
    Can't decide between golf, F1 and snooker on your list - they're all sports I find dull to watch.

However, I will say that seeing a baseball game live in a stadium is amazing. The game itself may not be the most action-packed (though some are), but there are so many traditions and other diversions to keep you entertained and involved in the action.

ReputationRep:
    Formula One. I did take an interest when Hamilton was chasing his first world title but just cannot watch it now without changing the channel very quickly. Same challengers and besides the odd controversy, team orders, no real tussles makes it uneventful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.