Turn on thread page Beta

Hi
    I don't know if I'm over-reacting....for about a year now I have been being sick (vomitting) once or twice a month. It usually happens during the night, I wake up feeling awful and then I throw up and feel instantly better. I'm not sure it's worthy of a visit to the doctor because I don't know if I'm making a big deal out of it? Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? There doesn't seem to be a pattern of the time of the month it happens and it doesn't seem to be connected to something I'm eating. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's not normal. You need to visit a GP. Are you male or female?

ReputationRep:
    Not normal at all. Could be anemic if you avoid red meat or meats generally. Should start eating some if that's the case. But get checked

ReputationRep:
    I would check with your GP and ask for a blood test. I would try taking a good multivitamin (doesn't have to be expensive). I use Alpha Man from MyProtein which is really well-rounded with good doses, and isn't so concentrated that you throw up if you take it without food like others I have tried

ReputationRep:
    Anything like that definitely seems worth a visit to a doctor. Maybe try to keep track of how you're feeling before you go to sleep or when you feel the sickness coming on. It could be related to stress or there could be an underlying issue. Either way, I wish you the best and hope you get better soon

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.