Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Need help with Sociological Work Placement. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello ,
    I am in my final year of my Sociology degree. We were asked to complete a work placement (in our part time job or anywhere) for six weeks. Following this we now have to complete a 3,500 word report on this. My placement was completed in a Beauty School that offers training courses for beauticians, my role was customer service based in the office. I am having trouble completing this, here is one of the guidelines we were told to use. Formal aims of the organization — possible conflict between ideal and/or reality. Sources for this type of information — annual reports etc + own observations. I am unsure what to write for this part of the project.
    Additionally, we (obviously) have to identify different concepts that applied to our placement. When I asked my tutor for help he basically ruled out all my ideas and left me with one concept which is Goffman's theory of the presentation of self. However, I feel like I should have more concepts. PLEASE could someone help me and suggest another concept I could use?
    Thank you to anyone that helps me out with this!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 23, 2015
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.