Need help with Sociological Work Placement.

Watch
Karakelly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello ,
I am in my final year of my Sociology degree. We were asked to complete a work placement (in our part time job or anywhere) for six weeks. Following this we now have to complete a 3,500 word report on this. My placement was completed in a Beauty School that offers training courses for beauticians, my role was customer service based in the office. I am having trouble completing this, here is one of the guidelines we were told to use. Formal aims of the organization — possible conflict between ideal and/or reality. Sources for this type of information — annual reports etc + own observations. I am unsure what to write for this part of the project.
Additionally, we (obviously) have to identify different concepts that applied to our placement. When I asked my tutor for help he basically ruled out all my ideas and left me with one concept which is Goffman's theory of the presentation of self. However, I feel like I should have more concepts. PLEASE could someone help me and suggest another concept I could use?
Thank you to anyone that helps me out with this!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads