Turn on thread page Beta

Do vibration plates work- has anyone used them? watch

ReputationRep:
    My mum has thought about buying them. I am planning to do squatting with weights with them, apparently it makes exercise better. - Has anyone used them, does it work? I've either heard it's fantastic (verified purchasers) and apparently celebs like Nicole scherzinger use them, but I also heard it's a lot of crap.I also have a treadmill so I'll use that too.

ReputationRep:
    I bought one about 2 years ago, and they're really good, especially if you're to busy to get to the gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiexnicole)
    I bought one about 2 years ago, and they're really good, especially if you're to busy to get to the gym
    ahh thanks, some people are saying it's amazing, others are saying it's a load of bullsh*t, idk who to believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    ahh thanks, some people are saying it's amazing, others are saying it's a load of bullsh*t, idk who to believe
    I suppose it depends on the persons size as well to be honest, my mum is plus sized and managed to loose a dress size within less than a month of standing of the plate for a couple of minutes a day, where as I've never been larger than a size 10 so it wasn't as effective (just gave me a quick fix before holiday)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiexnicole)
    I suppose it depends on the persons size as well to be honest, my mum is plus sized and managed to loose a dress size within less than a month of standing of the plate for a couple of minutes a day, where as I've never been larger than a size 10 so it wasn't as effective (just gave me a quick fix before holiday)
    ahh okay, well I guess I should just see how it goes?

ReputationRep:
    I work at a gym and from what i have actually seen and experienced i would say that they make any movement harder as you can feel the vibrations in muscle. I personally use power plates for abs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karan.)
    I work at a gym and from what i have actually seen and experienced i would say that they make any movement harder as you can feel the vibrations in muscle. I personally use power plates for abs.
    ahh cool, so would you recommend them or?

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool, so would you recommend them or?
    Ummm, I would recommend using one however i don't know if domestic ones would be effective as the ones i use are 7.5k each. See if there's a cooling off period or something so you can try it and then return it if it's not very good

ReputationRep:
    Ummm, I would recommend using one however i don't know if domestic ones would be effective as the ones i use are 7.5k each. See if there's a cooling off period or something so you can try it and then return it if it's not very good
    hmm I am getting one from Argos which got a rating of 4.9/5, (46 reviewers) so it seems like it should work

ReputationRep:
    hmm I am getting one from Argos which got a rating of 4.9/5, (46 reviewers) so it seems like it should work
    What specifically will you be using it for?

ReputationRep:
    Ive only heard about them, but ive heard theyre really good, never used them

ReputationRep:
    What specifically will you be using it for?
    I will be doing a various of exercises on them such as squats, lunges, push ups etc... want to tone up my stomach, arms, legs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Ive only heard about them, but ive heard theyre really good, never used them
    Did you hear it from anyone you know in particular? or just from online reviews?

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear it from anyone you know in particular? or just from online reviews?
    Yh ive heard it from my mates, who squat, i dont, but i hear theyre good, quite expensive though...

ReputationRep:
    Yh ive heard it from my mates, who squat, i dont, but i hear theyre good, quite expensive though...
    Yeah the one I'm getting is £200 but had good reviews, thank you though

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing a various of exercises on them such as squats, lunges, push ups etc... want to tone up my stomach, arms, legs
    I understand. If i was in your shoes i wouldn't get the power plate. Instead i'd do high intensity circuits involving sprints, skipping, pushups, pullups/rows, clapping lunges and burpees.

But then everyone likes to train differently

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the one I'm getting is £200 but had good reviews, thank you though
    No worries brother

ReputationRep:
    I understand. If i was in your shoes i wouldn't get the power plate. Instead i'd do high intensity circuits involving sprints, skipping, pushups, pullups/rows, clapping lunges and burpees.

But then everyone likes to train differently
    Why not?
    Thank you for your contribution though x

ReputationRep:
    No worries brother
    I'm a girl

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl
    oops sorry

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.