docmartensgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm predicted A's in all my sciences, I do triple btw too. But I'm currently at E in Chem (with no revision), C in Biology (with about 20 minutes of revision using a textbook) and an A in Physics (with the help of my GCSE Science).

I don't know whether to shell out the £50 or try to use revision books even though I'm honestly not the best reviser via textbook.
funkydee19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used MyGCSEScience when it was free and I can say that it was absolutely worth it! It is a lot of money to spend but he really gets you to understand the point, I wish it was still free but he works way too hard to not receive anything in return.
docmartensgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by funkydee19)
I used MyGCSEScience when it was free and I can say that it was absolutely worth it! It is a lot of money to spend but he really gets you to understand the point, I wish it was still free but he works way too hard to not receive anything in return.
Omg that is so annoying but I guess you're right, can I ask what results you got? Thanks aswell x
harmony_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used my GCSE Science when it was free as well. I found it absolutely amazing and it got me the grades so I'll definitely recommend it but you can definitely just use revision guides to get the top grades if you don't want to spend that much.
funkydee19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by docmartensgirl)
Omg that is so annoying but I guess you're right, can I ask what results you got? Thanks aswell x
Science was not my strong point, I was achieving C's and D's but I achieved B's in Core, Additional and Triple Science (Which is good for me!) lol. But I know these videos can definitely help you achieve an A grade.
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GCSE Mocks (without MyGCSESCience - just textbook)..
Chem: C (1 off U)
Physics: C
Biology: B

Actual GCSEs (with MyGCSEScience revision)
Chem: A
Physics: A
Biology: A

Short answer: He's amazing 10/10
docmartensgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by funkydee19)
Science was not my strong point, I was achieving C's and D's but I achieved B's in Core, Additional and Triple Science (Which is good for me!) lol. But I know these videos can definitely help you achieve an A grade.
good for you? A B in triple science Physics is actually brilliant, honestly I only want the As for a possibility at Oxbridge but I'd be more than happy with B's and maybe go into teaching instead, well done and don't put yourself down.
docmartensgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamCee)
GCSE Mocks (without MyGCSESCience - just textbook)..
Chem: C (1 off U)
Physics: C
Biology: B

Actual GCSEs (with MyGCSEScience revision)
Chem: A
Physics: A
Biology: A

Short answer: He's amazing 10/10
Omg, did you pay for the £50 including notes and exam answers and all that good stuff or just the £29.90 for the basic Additional and Triple videos?
Thanks in advance and well done!
docmartensgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by harmony_x)
I used my GCSE Science when it was free as well. I found it absolutely amazing and it got me the grades so I'll definitely recommend it but you can definitely just use revision guides to get the top grades if you don't want to spend that much.
Did you find the videos or the guides easier?
funkydee19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
good for you? A B in triple science Physics is actually brilliant, honestly I only want the As for a possibility at Oxbridge but I'd be more than happy with B's and maybe go into teaching instead, well done and don't put yourself down.
Aw thank you! I wish you all the best with your GCSE's. But deffo look into getting the vidoes for MyGCSEScience,
samina_ay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is he charging now? He's brilliant!
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Omg, did you pay for the £50 including notes and exam answers and all that good stuff or just the £29.90 for the basic Additional and Triple videos?
Thanks in advance and well done!
I was blessed in that a friend who brought the lot sent me his videos, however I only used the equivalent of the £29.90 - I didn't use any of the notes or answers, although I would imagine they're very useful (not too sure how much more useful for £20 extra, though)
If you're strapped for cash you could probably find them online somewhere with a little bit of Googling, up to you if you're willing to pay that much.
And thanks!
harmony_x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you find the videos or the guides easier?
I just used the CGP revision guides to learn/revise and then just watched the videos to understand everything thoroughly.
elen90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Went from Bs to A*s with the help of myGCSEscience. He's fantastic at explaining things - would definitely recommend. Although he can go into too much detail occasionally, in which case you can just gloss over those bits with the click of a button :yep:

I used a combination of textbook revision and myGCSEscience. I read the textbooks and then went through his videos to check that I had all the information there as the textbooks tend to skip some stuff or over-simplify it.

You'll get by with the revision guides but life might be a little more difficult and I think you may be less likely to access the top grades, unless you use your teachers to explain the complex information.
ombtom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm predicted A's in all my sciences, I do triple btw too. But I'm currently at E in Chem (with no revision), C in Biology (with about 20 minutes of revision using a textbook) and an A in Physics (with the help of my GCSE Science).

I don't know whether to shell out the £50 or try to use revision books even though I'm honestly not the best reviser via textbook.
I think I learnt more from him in the week before the exams than I did from school in the previous year. It's a shame that only the first units are free now, but if you find it easier to learn with videos, and you can't find any others, then it might be a worthy investment.
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ImageImageImageFREE MYGCSESCIENCE VIDEOS LEAK ImageImageImage
Unit 2 Biology: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Lsho52uP4oTX3OUnit 2 Chemistry: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oI6yGwMEC_131JUnit 2 Physics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iFgiA3bkzjQmIYUnit 3 Biology:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Z9PoL1Qcj5ynLGUnit 3 Chemistry: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...D9FN2gHWEmAAibUnit 3 Physics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ssY0B4t777qikz I hope these work.Your Welcome,Lee
Mo H
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are plenty of other YouTube channels out there covering GCSE Science topics. The best one I've found quite recently is called GetToKnowScience. It is a similar style to mygcsescience, but more concise and easier to watch. There is no need to buy a subscription.
Ellieia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly mygcsescience was the best thing I’ve purchased for gcse. I got an 8-8 in double higher combined science and at the start of the year I was getting 4s and 5s please try it out because it helped me so so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise