Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted A's in all my sciences, I do triple btw too. But I'm currently at E in Chem (with no revision), C in Biology (with about 20 minutes of revision using a textbook) and an A in Physics (with the help of my GCSE Science).

I don't know whether to shell out the £50 or try to use revision books even though I'm honestly not the best reviser via textbook.

ReputationRep:
    I used MyGCSEScience when it was free and I can say that it was absolutely worth it! It is a lot of money to spend but he really gets you to understand the point, I wish it was still free but he works way too hard to not receive anything in return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee19)
    I used MyGCSEScience when it was free and I can say that it was absolutely worth it! It is a lot of money to spend but he really gets you to understand the point, I wish it was still free but he works way too hard to not receive anything in return.
    Omg that is so annoying but I guess you're right, can I ask what results you got? Thanks aswell x

ReputationRep:
    I used my GCSE Science when it was free as well. I found it absolutely amazing and it got me the grades so I'll definitely recommend it but you can definitely just use revision guides to get the top grades if you don't want to spend that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docmartensgirl)
    Omg that is so annoying but I guess you're right, can I ask what results you got? Thanks aswell x
    Science was not my strong point, I was achieving C's and D's but I achieved B's in Core, Additional and Triple Science (Which is good for me!) lol. But I know these videos can definitely help you achieve an A grade.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Mocks (without MyGCSESCience - just textbook)..
    Chem: C (1 off U)
    Physics: C
    Biology: B

Actual GCSEs (with MyGCSEScience revision)
    Chem: A
    Physics: A
    Biology: A

Short answer: He's amazing 10/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee19)
    Science was not my strong point, I was achieving C's and D's but I achieved B's in Core, Additional and Triple Science (Which is good for me!) lol. But I know these videos can definitely help you achieve an A grade.
    good for you? A B in triple science Physics is actually brilliant, honestly I only want the As for a possibility at Oxbridge but I'd be more than happy with B's and maybe go into teaching instead, well done and don't put yourself down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    GCSE Mocks (without MyGCSESCience - just textbook)..
    Chem: C (1 off U)
    Physics: C
    Biology: B

Actual GCSEs (with MyGCSEScience revision)
    Chem: A
    Physics: A
    Biology: A

Short answer: He's amazing 10/10
    Omg, did you pay for the £50 including notes and exam answers and all that good stuff or just the £29.90 for the basic Additional and Triple videos?
    Thanks in advance and well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_x)
    I used my GCSE Science when it was free as well. I found it absolutely amazing and it got me the grades so I'll definitely recommend it but you can definitely just use revision guides to get the top grades if you don't want to spend that much.
    Did you find the videos or the guides easier?

ReputationRep:
    good for you? A B in triple science Physics is actually brilliant, honestly I only want the As for a possibility at Oxbridge but I'd be more than happy with B's and maybe go into teaching instead, well done and don't put yourself down.
    Aw thank you! I wish you all the best with your GCSE's. But deffo look into getting the vidoes for MyGCSEScience,

ReputationRep:
    Is he charging now? He's brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Omg, did you pay for the £50 including notes and exam answers and all that good stuff or just the £29.90 for the basic Additional and Triple videos?
    Thanks in advance and well done!
    I was blessed in that a friend who brought the lot sent me his videos, however I only used the equivalent of the £29.90 - I didn't use any of the notes or answers, although I would imagine they're very useful (not too sure how much more useful for £20 extra, though)
    If you're strapped for cash you could probably find them online somewhere with a little bit of Googling, up to you if you're willing to pay that much.
    And thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Did you find the videos or the guides easier?
    I just used the CGP revision guides to learn/revise and then just watched the videos to understand everything thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    Went from Bs to A*s with the help of myGCSEscience. He's fantastic at explaining things - would definitely recommend. Although he can go into too much detail occasionally, in which case you can just gloss over those bits with the click of a button :yep:

I used a combination of textbook revision and myGCSEscience. I read the textbooks and then went through his videos to check that I had all the information there as the textbooks tend to skip some stuff or over-simplify it.

You'll get by with the revision guides but life might be a little more difficult and I think you may be less likely to access the top grades, unless you use your teachers to explain the complex information.

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted A's in all my sciences, I do triple btw too. But I'm currently at E in Chem (with no revision), C in Biology (with about 20 minutes of revision using a textbook) and an A in Physics (with the help of my GCSE Science).

I don't know whether to shell out the £50 or try to use revision books even though I'm honestly not the best reviser via textbook.
    I think I learnt more from him in the week before the exams than I did from school in the previous year. It's a shame that only the first units are free now, but if you find it easier to learn with videos, and you can't find any others, then it might be a worthy investment.

ReputationRep:
    FREE MYGCSESCIENCE VIDEOS LEAK
    Unit 2 Biology: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Lsho52uP4oTX3OUnit 2 Chemistry: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oI6yGwMEC_131JUnit 2 Physics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iFgiA3bkzjQmIYUnit 3 Biology:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Z9PoL1Qcj5ynLGUnit 3 Chemistry: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...D9FN2gHWEmAAibUnit 3 Physics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ssY0B4t777qikz I hope these work.Your Welcome,Lee

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of other YouTube channels out there covering GCSE Science topics. The best one I've found quite recently is called GetToKnowScience. It is a similar style to mygcsescience, but more concise and easier to watch. There is no need to buy a subscription.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.