The Student Room Group

Do you celebrate your birthday?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't even remember it's my birthday on the day :lol:
Reply 2
Nah, i don't like my birthday and i don't think there's anything to celebrate on that day. Don't like all the attention and feel bad cos people give me presents ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I don't either. I don't see the need to do so.
Birthday decorations stopped after my 18th birthday; and I think that was only even done as it was a "significant birthday". Nowadays, it's just a few gifts from my mum and going out or whatever happens that year: I'm 20 next May.

As you get older, well for me personally, these events just lose all their significance. I don't think you properly understand it when you're told as a teenager, but it does just naturally happen. It's the same for Christmas, Halloween etc. What matter is how you choose to spend the day- whether you go out with friends, go to the cinema or go on a holiday/day trip or whatever.
I don't anymore - I don't really get / want gifts either. I've got a perfectly good home that I'm living and am happy. What more would one want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, in fact I do my best to forget about it. It's just another day to me. :indiff:
Nah, I even removed it from my facebook to stop people trying to get me to celebrate it :P As far as they are concerned I just never age :wink:
Used to in the past,not bothered these days. What's great about getting closer to your death
yeah! is a good excuse to make a party with your friends!! :biggrin:
It's just a good reminder that another year has passed and I'm still a **** human being.
Original post by iscribbletoomuch
As far as they are concerned I just never age :wink:

You, immortal marvelfarter. :wink:

Original post by queen-bee
Used to in the past,not bothered these days. What's great about getting closer to your death

Many people find it romantic/sexy.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
It's just a good reminder that another year has passed and I'm still a **** human being.

Why do you think that you are **** human? You are a lovely TSRian. :smile:
P.S. You don't want to complete your degree anymore? :frown:
Original post by Juichiro
Why do you think that you are **** human? You are a lovely TSRian. :smile:
P.S. You don't want to complete your degree anymore? :frown:

You recognise my username?

I dropped out officially in January. After giving up unofficially in November.
You recognise my username?

I dropped out officially in January. After giving up unofficially in November.

Yes, I do. You are a well-known user, you know. :smile:

I will understand if you don't wish to share it, but would it be possible to know why did you give up and what do you plan to do now career-wise?
Yes, I do. You are a well-known user, you know. :smile:

I will understand if you don't wish to share it, but would it be possible to know why did you give up and what do you plan to do now career-wise?

That feels odd.

I'm far too ill to study. I don't have future plans beyond attempting recovery.
That feels odd.

I'm far too ill to study. I don't have future plans beyond attempting recovery.

It feels odd? :tongue: Why?
Aww, you are ill. :frown: Get well soon! :hugs:
Reply 17
Not really. I was born in early January so can't really do much for it as most people are skint and/or fed up after Christmas and New Years so I don't bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It feels odd? :tongue: Why?
Aww, you are ill. :frown: Get well soon! :hugs:

I dunno. I assumed that nothing I ever say is noteworthy.

I'm not sure 'getting well soon' is an option. To be honest, I'm not sure 'getting well' is an option.
i celebrate it instead of halloween (by 'celebrate' i mean going to museums and stuff, i've never had a party) but i will probably stop after 19, also i agree with other users that these type of things get less special as you get older :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending