Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you celebrate your birthday? watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i stopped celebrating it after my 12th biff day and after that i couldnt be bothered anymore, it was so much effort. but my mum still insist on buying me balloons >_>

I don't even remember it's my birthday on the day :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, i don't like my birthday and i don't think there's anything to celebrate on that day. Don't like all the attention and feel bad cos people give me presents ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't either. I don't see the need to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Birthday decorations stopped after my 18th birthday; and I think that was only even done as it was a "significant birthday". Nowadays, it's just a few gifts from my mum and going out or whatever happens that year: I'm 20 next May.

As you get older, well for me personally, these events just lose all their significance. I don't think you properly understand it when you're told as a teenager, but it does just naturally happen. It's the same for Christmas, Halloween etc. What matter is how you choose to spend the day- whether you go out with friends, go to the cinema or go on a holiday/day trip or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I don't anymore - I don't really get / want gifts either. I've got a perfectly good home that I'm living and am happy. What more would one want?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, in fact I do my best to forget about it. It's just another day to me. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I even removed it from my facebook to stop people trying to get me to celebrate it :P As far as they are concerned I just never age

ReputationRep:
    Used to in the past,not bothered these days. What's great about getting closer to your death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i stopped celebrating it after my 12th biff day and after that i couldnt be bothered anymore, it was so much effort. but my mum still insist on buying me balloons >_>
    yeah! is a good excuse to make a party with your friends!!

ReputationRep:
    It's just a good reminder that another year has passed and I'm still a **** human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iscribbletoomuch)
    As far as they are concerned I just never age
    You, immortal marvelfarter.

(Original post by queen-bee)
    Used to in the past,not bothered these days. What's great about getting closer to your death
    Many people find it romantic/sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    It's just a good reminder that another year has passed and I'm still a **** human being.
    Why do you think that you are **** human? You are a lovely TSRian.
    P.S. You don't want to complete your degree anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Why do you think that you are **** human? You are a lovely TSRian.
    P.S. You don't want to complete your degree anymore?
    You recognise my username?

I dropped out officially in January. After giving up unofficially in November.

ReputationRep:
    You recognise my username?

I dropped out officially in January. After giving up unofficially in November.
    Yes, I do. You are a well-known user, you know.

I will understand if you don't wish to share it, but would it be possible to know why did you give up and what do you plan to do now career-wise?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do. You are a well-known user, you know.

I will understand if you don't wish to share it, but would it be possible to know why did you give up and what do you plan to do now career-wise?
    That feels odd.

I'm far too ill to study. I don't have future plans beyond attempting recovery.

ReputationRep:
    That feels odd.

I'm far too ill to study. I don't have future plans beyond attempting recovery.
    It feels odd? Why?
    Aww, you are ill. Get well soon! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I was born in early January so can't really do much for it as most people are skint and/or fed up after Christmas and New Years so I don't bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It feels odd? Why?
    Aww, you are ill. Get well soon! :hugs:
    I dunno. I assumed that nothing I ever say is noteworthy.

I'm not sure 'getting well soon' is an option. To be honest, I'm not sure 'getting well' is an option.

ReputationRep:
    Er yeah, free stuff and cake, what's not to love?

I have a strict rule against surprise parties and singing happy birthday though. Makes me cringe.

I've had a few disappointing birthdays so I always try and make up for it the next year. I think after my 21st (which is on 7th Nov, so in a couple of weeks) I prob won't do much. I'm going to the Harry Potter studios for the third time for this one, lol. I used to have parties when I was a kid, then just had mates round or went for dinner, then when I was older I had house parties/went clubbing (except for my 18th when no one showed up).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.