Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Completed a year at a uni, moved to another university now. I'm wanting to take a gap year now and apply for next year entry (as a different course), but as it'd be my "3rd" start would I still get funding? None of my payments have gone through, and when I sent my change in circumstances off I got a reply saying that SFE understand I have withdrawn from my studies. As they think this, if I was to drop out now, would I still get a full loan for next year? Sorry if this is confusing to read for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    It depends when you withdrew from this year's attempt. Did you get as far as enrolling on campus? If you did, how soon after enrolling did you officially leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    It depends when you withdrew from this year's attempt. Did you get as far as enrolling on campus? If you did, how soon after enrolling did you officially leave?
    I haven't actually withdrawn yet, but according to SFE, I've never even enrolled (as loans were cancelled and I was withdrawn from studies).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantLaw)
    I haven't actually withdrawn yet, but according to SFE, I've never even enrolled (as loans were cancelled and I was withdrawn from studies).
    Sounds like the uni have you recorded as a no show then. That's the only way SF will have you down as withdrawn if you never withdrew yourself. Especially if you never turned up and enrolled. If you effectively never turned up, then you should have enough SF to have a new degree funded from scratch.

Double-check with SF though.

ReputationRep:
    I had a question as well.

Since I dropped out of Uni 2 weeks into the course because I wanted to re sit my alevels, Will I still be able to get funded for the course I'm applying for in September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Genius)
    I had a question as well.

Since I dropped out of Uni 2 weeks into the course because I wanted to re sit my alevels, Will I still be able to get funded for the course I'm applying for in September?
    Yes, you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Sounds like the uni have you recorded as a no show then. That's the only way SF will have you down as withdrawn if you never withdrew yourself. Especially if you never turned up and enrolled. If you effectively never turned up, then you should have enough SF to have a new degree funded from scratch.

Double-check with SF though.
    Thank you very much!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.