The Student Room Group

New Look Security Tag

image.jpg
So I bought a 2 set of bras from New Look and the cashier forgot to take the security tags off both of them -.- I've tried elastic bands, prising the metal spike off with a screwdriver, does anyone know if they are ink or electromagnets so I can try the burning the sticking out part of the black plastic? I know that is successful but I don't want ink everywhere! I have attached a picture so if anyone else has had any success stories getting these off (I'm going on holiday for like 5 days today so I can't take them back for ages)! Thanks
you would have thought that the alarms would have gone off as you left the shop ?
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
you would have thought that the alarms would have gone off as you left the shop ?

Well I think they did but only momentarily, I had earphones in so I didn't know if anyone said anything but they stopped when I walked out of the shop so I thought maybe they were just really bad sensors?
Original post by liquity
Well I think they did but only momentarily, I had earphones in so I didn't know if anyone said anything but they stopped when I walked out of the shop so I thought maybe they were just really bad sensors?

Take them back to the store, present the cashier/customer service with the receipt. That's the only way you're getting those things off without damaging the clothing.
Reply 4
image.jpeg Enough evidence for you??
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Take them back to the store, present the cashier/customer service with the receipt. That's the only way you're getting those things off without damaging the clothing.

I suppose that's the only way I'm going to be able to get them off :frown: I won't be able to go back for so long though :'(
Reply 5
Yeah I'm aware of that, but it's not actually my fault that this happened so they need to be prepared for that!
Take the receipt into the shop and they'll take it off for you :smile:
Reply 7
You need a strong magnet to get dat off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest