Turn on thread page Beta

New Look Security Tag watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  510.7 KB
    So I bought a 2 set of bras from New Look and the cashier forgot to take the security tags off both of them -.- I've tried elastic bands, prising the metal spike off with a screwdriver, does anyone know if they are ink or electromagnets so I can try the burning the sticking out part of the black plastic? I know that is successful but I don't want ink everywhere! I have attached a picture so if anyone else has had any success stories getting these off (I'm going on holiday for like 5 days today so I can't take them back for ages)! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you would have thought that the alarms would have gone off as you left the shop ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you would have thought that the alarms would have gone off as you left the shop ?
    Well I think they did but only momentarily, I had earphones in so I didn't know if anyone said anything but they stopped when I walked out of the shop so I thought maybe they were just really bad sensors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquity)
    Well I think they did but only momentarily, I had earphones in so I didn't know if anyone said anything but they stopped when I walked out of the shop so I thought maybe they were just really bad sensors?
    Take them back to the store, present the cashier/customer service with the receipt. That's the only way you're getting those things off without damaging the clothing.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that if you have shop lifted this item this post may be used as evidence against you?

ReputationRep:
    If you take it to new look they'll remove the tag for you. Take your receipt. I've gone into Dorothy Perkins before with a New Look tag on a top and they just took it off, no questions asked :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    You do realise that if you have shop lifted this item this post may be used as evidence against you?
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 728
Size:  161.7 KB Enough evidence for you??
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Take them back to the store, present the cashier/customer service with the receipt. That's the only way you're getting those things off without damaging the clothing.
    I suppose that's the only way I'm going to be able to get them off I won't be able to go back for so long though :'(

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 728
Size:  161.7 KB Enough evidence for you??

I suppose that's the only way I'm going to be able to get them off I won't be able to go back for so long though :'(
    That's evidence that you bought one, but not evidence that you didn't also steal one. I'm not saying you did, but you need to be prepared that they may be suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    That's evidence that you bought one, but not evidence that you didn't also steal one. I'm not saying you did, but you need to be prepared that they may be suspicious.
    Yeah I'm aware of that, but it's not actually my fault that this happened so they need to be prepared for that!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm aware of that, but it's not actually my fault that this happened so they need to be prepared for that!
    Just trying to prepare you . Go in with the receipt, see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Take the receipt into the shop and they'll take it off for you

ReputationRep:
    You need a strong magnet to get dat off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.