Turn on thread page Beta

Swedish Sword Terrorist = Far Right Islamophobe watch

ReputationRep:
    These attacks are always tragic whoever dies but there is a clearly a problem in terms of attitudes and perceptions. Everyone expected this guy to be a Muslim attacking school kids with his sword like Saladin, turns out he was a Neo-Nazi who specifically target a school with a high number of immigrants and who specifically targeted children of foreign background within that school

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34612000

To repeat it would always have been a tragedy whoever dies, but is there a problem with people seeing the world in terms of Muslims vs Everyone Else and assuming the attacker is always Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Obviously he wasn't muslim; a muslim would have beheaded everyone, not merely stabbed them :rolleyes:
    This is a serious thread, don't be immature.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I am pretty sure that the 'he must be a Muslim' thing is just your average day on TSR, I really don't think the wider media or people offline were thinking it must be a Muslim...but correct me if I am wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    To be honest I am pretty sure that the 'he must be a Muslim' thing is just your average day on TSR, I really don't think the wider media or people offline were thinking it must be a Muslim...but correct me if I am wrong.
    You're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I see things like this happen in northern Europe I immediately assume the perpetrator is one of two types of people:
    -Muslim freaking about non-Muslim culture
    -White person freaking out about Muslims in their culture

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, both lines of thought (Islam and Islamophobia) have negative effects on society. Hopefully, Islam will lose its signifance in the next few decades and the far right will have to back down then too. It's a shame that people in today's world follow rules that are clearly outdated and incompatible with a peaceful society. It's also a shame that people choose to physically attack these individuals, rather than try to point them in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    It's really sad cos the Daily express mentioned the attack and the top 2 comments were "something something multiculturalism" and "Moderate Muslims..." with about 10 likes on each. They posted it again later with the full picture and it only had 42 likes and 1 comment saying "seems like a far right person" which didn't get any likes.

Those people don't care about any horrible things unless Muslims are involved. It's sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    is there a problem with people seeing the world in terms of Muslims vs Everyone Else
    Yes - Huntington developed his 'Clash of Civilisations' theory in the early 1990s - it's basically about the clash between Muslim and non-Muslim. So far it appears to be pretty accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serebro)
    Sadly, both lines of thought (Islam and Islamophobia) have negative effects on society. Hopefully, Islam will lose its signifance in the next few decades and the far right will have to back down then too..
    Islam will increase in significance in Europe over the next few decades.

The problems we are experiencing just now are with a relatively small population but it is growing thanks to a staggering birth rate and unlimited immigration including the current "refugee" crisis.

Why would it get better, not worse, with more and more migrants from the third world arriving in fresh waves every year, unwilling to assimilate, and attempting to impose their ways on everyone else? Becoming more and more influential in political terms with each passing year?

Making the countries they come to resemble those they have left?

Europe is going to be finished. The question is not if but when. And if we go out with a bang or a whimper.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic, but the only reason they are becoming more influential is because Europeans don't want babies these days, not that Muslims have too many. If you don't have children, you forfeit the right to shape the future. Without immigration, Europe would eventually die entirely, not simply become Islamic.
    European birth rates ARE declining, but that doesn't mean that Muslim birth rates aren't above replacement levels and too high for future social cohesion.

Lots of reasons, the banning of contraception in Islam (observed seemingly, unlike by many Catholics) is a major cause, but so is a much younger demography. Obviously this excludes new immigration, family repatriation etc which is a significant cause of population growth on top.

This article explores it in the UK. I have chosen a left wing source to forestall the "blame the messenger" sheep like baah baahing about the Daily Mail or Telegraph as any factual source, from the bonkers lefties on here...

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...e-times-census

ReputationRep:
    Obviously he wasn't muslim; a muslim would have beheaded everyone, not merely stabbed them :rolleyes:
    The other reason we know he's not Muslim is because we aren't seeing countless "moderate" Muslims and Suemas Milne blaming Israel and the west for driving him to to do it

ReputationRep:
    Lol I bet the people who so confidently thought he was Muslim feel dumb now.

ReputationRep:
    These are white extremists following a white agenda and we as non white people are the targets. Will white people stand up for us or will they continue to push the agenda that this is just an isolated case and then start talking about ISIS?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously really terrible but i knew by how quickly and the transparency of information that was released and ACTUALLY REPORTED on that this was not something done by a muslim or an immigrant. Sweden loves to cover up crime that would portray an immigrant or muslim in a negative light.

Unbelievable contradiction by the Swedish press and government. You wont get any mainstream reporting on the continuing Violence in Swedish ghettos by immigrants or the immigrant who beheaded two people in Ikea the other month.Country that is second in number of recorded rapes to boot :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    These attacks are always tragic whoever dies but there is a clearly a problem in terms of attitudes and perceptions. Everyone expected this guy to be a Muslim attacking school kids with his sword like Saladin, turns out he was a Neo-Nazi who specifically target a school with a high number of immigrants and who specifically targeted children of foreign background within that school

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34612000

To repeat it would always have been a tragedy whoever dies, but is there a problem with people seeing the world in terms of Muslims vs Everyone Else and assuming the attacker is always Muslim?
    If this guy was a muslim, you would have not even been aware that this happened such is the state of Sweden and its press

I would suggest there is a problem with the proportion of attackers who are muslim terrorists versus non muslim terrorists doing stuff like this (Especially given that Muslims make up just a fraction of the population in western countries). People always assume the attacker is muslim because the attacker is usually muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serebro)
    Sadly, both lines of thought (Islam and Islamophobia) have negative effects on society. Hopefully, Islam will lose its signifance in the next few decades and the far right will have to back down then too. It's a shame that people in today's world follow rules that are clearly outdated and incompatible with a peaceful society. It's also a shame that people choose to physically attack these individuals, rather than try to point them in the right direction.
    Spot on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    These are white extremists following a white agenda and we as non white people are the targets. Will white people stand up for us or will they continue to push the agenda that this is just an isolated case and then start talking about ISIS?
    There has been over 27,000 terrorist attacks in the name of Allah since 2001 on every continent of the planet.

I can only think of Dylan Roof, Anders Breivik and this guy of the top of my head who have killed in the name of their white supremacist agenda in that time.

I think if white supremacists set up a caliphate after taking over two countries and commiting atrocity after atrocity around the world over the past 15 years enjoying the support of hundreds of thousands or more likely millions of people whilst murdering hundreds of thousands of people.. all while commiting mass organised attacks repeatedly on the streets of Western countries. You would have your wish

You infer this is not an isolated case and that this is an issue that poses as much threat as ISIS. I disagree but await your evidence to the contrary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    There has been over 27,000 terrorist attacks in the name of Allah since 2001 on every continent of the planet.

I can only think of Dylan Roof, Anders Breivik and this guy of the top of my head who have killed in the name of their white supremacist agenda in that time.

I think if white supremacists set up a caliphate after taking over two countries and commiting atrocity after atrocity around the world over the past 15 years enjoying the support of hundreds of thousands or more likely millions of people whilst murdering hundreds of thousands of people.. all while commiting mass organised attacks repeatedly on the streets of Western countries. You would have your wish

You infer this is not an isolated case and that this is an issue that poses as much threat as ISIS. I disagree but await your evidence to the contrary
    You are exaclty the problem. The truth is white people like this not all white people don't care about white extremism because they are not the victims of it. Just remember what happened in Bosnia. It's the same principle of how they turned on them and slaughtered them. I don't know why they don't just be upfront with it no point pretending that they care about non whites when they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    You are exaclty the problem. The truth is white people like this not all white people don't care about white extremism because they are not the victims of it. Just remember what happened in Bosnia. It's the same principle of how they turned on them and slaughtered them. I don't know why they don't just be upfront with it no point pretending that they care about non whites when they don't.
    I am the problem? What is the problem exactly?

I have asked you for evidence as to why you feel white supremacy is a bigger problem than ISIS. Address and answer my points please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    I am the problem? What is the problem exactly?

I have asked you for evidence as to why you feel white supremacy is a bigger problem than ISIS. Address and answer my points please
    You are missing the point in Europe we are powerless to stop whites if they turn on us because they have so much more people than us. I'm talking about in Europe not worldwide ISIS is in the middle east.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.