The Student Room Group

Marking scale question...

My average grade, based on my country marking scale to classify results, is 8.67 out of 10. My question is, would be wrong if in my Chevening application, instead of 8.6, I would chose my average grade 8.7 (Because there are only 8.6, 8.7, 8.8. etc)? I hope my question is clear.
Is it likely to make the difference between success and failure if you round up like that? What happens if they ask to see proof of 8.7 when you don't have that but you say you do?
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan2012
Is it likely to make the difference between success and failure if you round up like that? What happens if they ask to see proof of 8.7 when you don't have that but you say you do?

I get your point, but your response is not what I was looking for. You see, my actual grade 8.67 is closer to 8.7 than to 8.60, this is the logic upon which I based my question.
Original post by Philby.K
I get your point, but your response is not what I was looking for. You see, my actual grade 8.67 is closer to 8.7 than to 8.60, this is the logic upon which I based my question.

My post was a subtle way of saying don't lie on your application. You don't have 8.7 so you can't claim that you do.
If the application allows you to put 8.67 then do that. If not then 8.7 should do.
Reply 5
Original post by alleycat393
If the application allows you to put 8.67 then do that. If not then 8.7 should do.

Application doesn't allow me to put 8.67, it allows me to put only 8.6, or 8.7!
So, you definitely recommend me to put 8.7?

Thank you in advance.
Yes that should be fine in that case. Your scores have two decimal places but if your application only lets you put in one then rounding up as acceptable is not unreasonable.
Reply 7
Original post by alleycat393
Yes that should be fine in that case. Your scores have two decimal places but if your application only lets you put in one then rounding up as acceptable is not unreasonable.

Well, thank you then. I was afraid that it might ruin my application. But what you are saying, and what I initially thought makes sense, so I will change it from 8.6 to 8.7. Regards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending