The Student Room Group

Last night I got called the 'N' word...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by MrKmas508
You're the one calling me Britanian hypocrite. Somalia Somali Potato... where do you live anyway. Do you live in Britain, if so why?

Giving you a taste of your own medicine, not exactly nice when you're personally offended now are we? :smile: :smile: :smile: I'm sue it's left a bitter taste in your mouth nice :smile: and I may live in Britan but I still tick black African on my nationality when I fill a form and I still have to write down I'm Somali so...?????
(edited 8 years ago)
what is happening? :creep:
Original post by sadly
Honestly, you might have not said it but I know what you were hinting at
Firstly the country is Somalia, the people are Somali. Simple as that.Secondly, the very instruments that you play in your highly esteemed orchestras are instruments were (mostly) first created in Africa, here's a good link on it http://infoboxdaily.com/100-things-about-africa-modern-musical-instruments-originated-in-africa/ I could continue about the inventions Muslims have brought into the world and many other pocs (people of colour) have but I don't want to write you a dissertation, instead Google it :smile: Whites only became relevant when they learnt basic hygiene 250 years ago I could continue but I am not obliged to plus I've heard all of this before yawn...

Good for you, seriously it's not a competition over who can invent the best stuff. You've got quite the chip on your shoulder... I'm beginning to think you're a troll.
Original post by Elm Tree
Dunno how you are coming to these conclusions tbh..
Everything I've said so far is how I would handle the situation, you can handle it how you best see fit.
Im not saying you're not allowed to be upset im saying that I wouldn't let a stranger make me upset.
And I never said you weren't able to discuss it on here, I'm saying that making a thread on TSR is not going to bring the person to account because that is what you implied in a previous post.

Again, my point of this post wasn't to bring the person to account. It was to discuss experiences. Damn...
Reply 124
Good for you, seriously it's not a competition over who can invent the best stuff. You've got quite the chip on your shoulder... I'm beginning to think you're a troll.

Funny how you treated it as one when you said "White people cant help the fact that most of the worlds greatest inventions were made by them, there's no need to be intimidated", don't worry I'm not intimidated just humoured and frankly bored of your pathetic arguments, no I'm not a troll I'm just tired stop quoting me like take a hint already
Original post by sadly
Giving you a taste of your own medicine, not exactly nice when you're personally offended now are we? :smile: :smile: :smile: I'm sue it's left a bitter taste in your mouth nice :smile: and I may live in Britan but I still tick black African on my nationality when I fill a form and I still have to write down I'm Somali so...?????

Oh ok I get it. I wasn't upset just confused, how would that seriously offend anyone I'm not a crybaby. Why would you live in a country which you don't like the people or the culture. Why don't you Just go back to Somalia if you're so sure you're Somali.
I'm thinking that you are intimidated by your hostility. I'll stop quoting you when you stop quoting me.

Or how about you two just meet and kiss and make pretty mixed babies, since I presume you're white.
Original post by sadly
You're forgetting how Somalia was colonised and torn apart from each other by France, Italy and Britain so shut the hell up??? In fact there's a whole unit we're being taught called the scramble for Africa? Like is Britain even denying their attempt to control and enslave Africa as a whole?? Yes we were lynched, yes we were raped and killed in the masses but there is no way I am saying we were taken we were all enslaved but you bet as a black woman I'm going to defend us all like?? Read Warriors by Gearld Hanley tit's really good and you kinda need to be enlightened since you are really lacking basic historical knowledge like how sad :frown:

Sorry, but Somalis were not lynched, enslaved or raped. The British did not dare get invovled in Somali affairs, and southerns made sure an Italian died if a Somali was abused. Certain Somalis helped Arabs enslave blacks.
Original post by rat poison
Or how about you two just meet and kiss and make pretty mixed babies, since I presume you're white.

I have a suspicion that she'd hate that more than I would. But yeah I've had enough of this argument.
Original post by somalilander
Sorry, but Somalis were not lynched, enslaved or raped. The British did not dare get invovled in Somali affairs, and southerns made sure an Italian died if a Somali was abused. Certain Somalis helped Arabs enslave blacks.

oh dear...
Reply 130
Oh ok I get it. I wasn't upset just confused, how would that seriously offend anyone I'm not a crybaby. Why would you live in a country which you don't like the people or the culture. Why don't you Just go back to Somalia if you're so sure you're Somali.

I do like the UK to an extent, but I don't like the system and CERTAIN people (mostly white since they're the most racist/xenophobic/islamaphobic/intolerant people I have ever come across) so YOU stop jumping to so much conclusion, and PLEASE I wish I could visit my country but we aren't all loaded with cash are we now? And read what I said in the last post and let it sink in like....omg I am identified as Somali by the UK so...

Also this is the last time I'm quoting you so you stop quoting me after this please, thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 131
Original post by somalilander

Do some basic research before you lie like this

Somalilander? makes a lot of sense why you talk a lot of trash about your own people

Nice I know the southerners made sure their Italian oppressors who tried to enslave, rape and dominate us in our own land died like !!!! nice very nice love it!!! how are you even saying that's a bad thing? Like love yourself you are disgusting ugh

Don't ever quote be again I don't want to be associated with the likes of you EVER

Original post by Novascope
*makes post about experiencing racism, has *******s turn it around and make me look like the one with the issue*

For most white people on TSR their only experience of racial issues is being told not to be mean in assembly at school and listening to Fetty Wap whenever he comes on Radio 1. They don't know racism is still a thing, so they're being ****ty to you for saying it is. Maybe they'll grow up, maybe not.
Original post by sadly
I was born here and I do like the UK to an extent, but I don't like the system and CERTAIN people (mostly white since they're the most racist/xenophobic/islamaphobic/intolerant people I have ever come across) so YOU stop jumping to so much conclusion, and PLEASE I wish I could visit my country but we aren't all loaded with cash are we now? And read what I said in the last post and let it sink in like....omg I am identified as Somali by the UK so...

Also this is the last time I'm quoting you so you stop quoting me after this please, thanks.

Certain people... You were pretty heavy on the generalisations before. 87% of the U.K. Is white therefore obviously most bigoted people are white,duh. I think from the events of last week (Islamaphobic black woman and Saudi Arabia crucifying a kids cos he's Shia) you should learn the world isn't so black and white (ironic) and that you should try and judge everyone as an individual instead of s**t stirring against the people who give you the quality of life you have. If you don't want me to reply then don't reply to this.
Original post by sadly

Do some basic research before you lie like this

Somalilander? makes a lot of sense why you talk a lot of trash about your own people

Nice I know the southerners made sure their Italian oppressors who tried to enslave, rape and dominate us in our own land died like !!!! nice very nice love it!!! how are you even saying that's a bad thing? Like love yourself you are disgusting ugh

Don't ever quote be again I don't want to be associated with the likes of you EVER

1.Research what? Read Periplus of the Erythrean Ocean. Slaves were being shipped out since the 1st century BC.

2.What have your parents being teaching you about clans? You hate me because I am from a different region :lol:

3.I did not say it was a bad thing. Get this victim mentality out of yourself. So now colonialists tried to dominate somalis whereas before in the thread they did? Stay consistent please.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 135
you understood and cried at 6 or 7? but your brother of 8 doesn't really understand?
I'm incredibly sorry that happened to you. I've not had outward racism in that sense but I have had some people make a few ignorant comments about my mix (half black half white). Some friends have said stupid things. One I remember recently was at uni, around a group of white people, someone told me even though I was mixed race I was no different and I was 'just like any other white person'. :facepalm:
Original post by Elm Tree
If I was called the N word by a random person I wouldn't care tbh.. Not saying its ok for the person to do it but I really wouldn't care about what the person thinks about me.. No stranger will have the power to make me feel upset.

I agree with your point on this I personally wouldn't let myself get rattled because of a couple of comments from an ignorant person shouting from their car. Not to say that I tolerate point blank racism.
Original post by sadly
Listen of all people, I REALLY don't want to talk to you but when you talk utter rubbish like "s**t stirring against the people who give you the quality of life you have" I can't help but reply to it because this is the biggest load of **** I have ever heard in the 18 years of my entire life after what that stupid self hating trash of a person @somalilander said! I don't have a quality of life here, everyday I have to take being called a terrorist, a n***er and other stuff I really can't mention on this website everyday when I try to get education I am abused by the very teachers that are meant to teach me like in my country I would be free, happy, feel welcomed not like here when I am degraded at every street corner like PLEASE....I honestly agreed with what you said about the events from last week because that was absolutely disgusting but you let yourself down with what you said later on

Anyways feel free to reply I guess...

I doubt it's everyday but people calling you a ****** and a terrorist are scum. Once again your teachers sound like *****. In your country you wouldn't be free your a woman. Women should be seen not heard, women aren't even aloud on the beaches of Somalia. they need to put up and shut up. I find what you said about the abuse you receive disgusting and while I do find it hard to believe if it is true I'm honestly sorry. But also your home country isn't a bed of roses either and you shouldn't lie to yourself about it being some sort of utopia, because it's far from it. Thank you for letting me understand, I rarely ever learn anything from my arguments on TSR. I'm sorry you feel this way.
Reply 139
I doubt it's everyday but people calling you a n*gger and a terrorist are scum. Once again your teachers sound like c**ts. In your country you wouldn't be free your a woman. Women should be seen not heard, women aren't even aloud on the beaches of Somalia. they need to put up and shut up. I find what you said about the abuse you receive disgusting and while I do find it hard to believe if it is true I'm honestly sorry. But also your home country isn't a bed of roses either and you shouldn't lie to yourself about it being some sort of utopia, because it's far from it. Thank you for letting me understand, I rarely ever learn anything from my arguments on TSR. I'm sorry you feel this way.

Thanks I guess, yes it might not exactly be a haven but women are free but we fight amongst each other it's an ongoing civil war, that's what i feel is so unsafe in Somalia but idk I guess I would feel loved and I have family there but the family here is important to me as well and that's a real reason why I am here in the UK, for the family and friends I have here life goes on it's frustrating but I'm me and I love it

and lol we are allowed on the beaches! In fact, a few years ago, 2012, I visited my country for the first time and had a blast on the beach on the last day yes people worry about their wives/daughters/sisters it's not safe because who knows when the next fight will occur but the women aren't oppressed at all lol I can promise you that I'm witness to it.

Quick Reply

Latest