Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Or a bit of both? I'm applying for universities now for 2016 entry and would like to go to a city university. I feel that with campus uni's everything tends to be 'spoon fed' and no one really leaves it as everything one needs is provided? I'd really like to be able to be in the town everyday and explore; I'd feel too claustrophobic in a close-knit university where no one feels the need to leave.

Would this be the case with Bournemouth or is the uni more open? Also please comment general feelings about the uni and the area and if it would be worth me applying. Thanks!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by applesiw)
    Or a bit of both? I'm applying for universities now for 2016 entry and would like to go to a city university. I feel that with campus uni's everything tends to be 'spoon fed' and no one really leaves it as everything one needs is provided? I'd really like to be able to be in the town everyday and explore; I'd feel too claustrophobic in a close-knit university where no one feels the need to leave.

Would this be the case with Bournemouth or is the uni more open? Also please comment general feelings about the uni and the area and if it would be worth me applying. Thanks!!
    Hello,

Good question, but I'm afraid it's not a straight forward answer! We have two campuses, Talbot is a typical 'campus' style, Lansdowne is a city campus (although it's a town, rather than a city!). Which course were you interested in studying?

Even though a lot of our courses are taught on Talbot Campus, most of the Halls of Residence are at Lansdowne. This means that students tend to be in the town a lot, rather than just staying on campus.

It seems like this is a really important thing to you, so it's good that you're doing some research. As well as finding out whether unis are campus or city based, finding out where you're going to live might help you too.

Are you free for one of our Open Days? It might be a nice chance for you to see our campus and see how you feel!

Hope we'll see you soon!

Katie

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.