x Turn on thread page Beta

She's making me quit my own sport... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    refuse to spar with her

ReputationRep:
    Go tough on her, and act cold. I had a similar experience.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand, judo does not contain strikes

ReputationRep:
    Next time you fight her, hurt her really bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahmejacks)
    That's a good idea, thanks. I'll get some technique Advice off my other black belt friends without saying what it's for... It's hard because she's like 6ft and I'm only 5ft, but I'll give it a hard go. This week we did pad work and it's annoying because I didn't hit as hard as I could've, I might join a gym... X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup and give her a taste of her own medicine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Next time you fight her, hurt her really bad.
    Er...make her tap out sure, that's half the point, but, don't assault her.

ReputationRep:
    You're not doing Judo if you're kicking or punching each other. If you don't want her to be allowed to hit or kick you, go and you know...actually do Judo.

gg

ReputationRep:
    Train rough or go home. That's how I spar. I mean, there's no point training if it isn't at all realistic.

One doesn't simply heel kick someone's in the clavicle half assed. It isn't a kick that works like that. Granted clavicle strikes are illegal in MMA even so wtf are you doing lol? Combat sambo?

ReputationRep:
    Is there another club you can go to?
    Or another day you can train?
    Maybe she'll get fed up and leave your club after a bit.
    She sounds a total pain :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xt9mQuaEQ

ReputationRep:
    Were you holding back 'cos she's female? Just get better, you'll have the potential strength where she can;t do it again right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahmejacks)
    You know what that's a good idea, the tough part, but I feel like if I'm unfriendly my instructor (who I told about her being too aggressive and bad control/discipline) will think that it's my fault, or at least will not take as much notice. It's difficult. He has to weigh up both sides and yes, maybe she trained hard like that at her old club. But she's not following our clubs etiquette.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In your case, it's the only thing to do really. There's not much you can do, and if you do become extremely aggressive (and actually hurt her) then you may face being kicked out of the club.

I'd also encourage talking to he, and letting her know you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.