Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Examples/tips of how to make your uni room a home from home?

ReputationRep:
    I've mounted my walls with the heads of all the girls I lured back there in freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    Ambient light, posters of things you're passionate about. No family or friend photos though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a student house as opposed to halls so it already looks homier. But I have a bunch of yummy scented candles, a large elephant painting (though that's a Christmas present for my mum so won't stay there). And just a couple of cute trinkets here are there. Also a nice bed set with a blanket makes it look much nice. You might also want to get a bedside light if you don't like having the harsh light of the big light always on. I use candles instead myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I'm in a student house as opposed to halls so it already looks homier. But I have a bunch of yummy scented candles, a large elephant painting (though that's a Christmas present for my mum so won't stay there). And just a couple of cute trinkets here are there. Also a nice bed set with a blanket makes it look much nice. You might also want to get a bedside light if you don't like having the harsh light of the big light always on. I use candles instead myself.
    Are candles allowed in halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applesiw)
    Are candles allowed in halls?
    When I was in halls my contract didn't say. Some will say they're not allowed. So just make sure you never leave a candle unattended. Never put it within 30cm in any direction of something that can catch fire and put them away during inspections.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure my son Sheridan has decorated his room only in the most tasteful manner of course.
    He's at university you know - studying tapestry design and advanced needlework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyacinth Bucket)
    I'm sure my son Sheridan has decorated his room only in the most tasteful manner of course.
    He's at university you know - studying tapestry design and advanced needlework.
    Man, trolls are getting lazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applesiw)
    Man, trolls are getting lazy
    What a thing to say to someone of gold standard credit card status!

ReputationRep:
    It's the same room in the SAME house I've grown up in for a portion of my life... (I live at home)

It's got a retro clock, a new lick of paint, a desk and chair, two bookcases, a wardrobe and two lockable filing cabinets with a printer...

Somehow managed to pull off an office functionality with a bedroom feel...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.