Turn on thread page Beta

Unsure about what Dual Honours to take watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have always wanted to go to Keele to study Physics, until I found out it is only available as a single honors. The only subject that really excites me out of the list is Music Technology, I have been a performer all my life and when my dad was in a band I loved to watch him edit music as well, unfortunately I took Maths, Physics and Chemistry at college and I am struggling to link my subjects to Music Technology. I have looked at studying maths or chemistry with it but I don't think I will get the entry requirements for the course in the specific subjects...
    What should I do?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Are you really prepared to do a random subject you've never done before just to go to Keele? That doesn't seem very sensible, you should prioritise course over university.

You don't have to do a joint hons degree. Keele does a Physics major degree - that means 77% of your time is spent doing physics and you only study physics in the last year. As for entry requirements... their website says there are no subject requirements for music technology if its combined with another subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    As for entry requirements... their website says there are no subject requirements for music technology if its combined with another subject.
    For music technology I can get in but I am trying to look at chemistry and maths but I doubt that I'll get a B in either of those subjects as in Maths I got a U last year and Chemistry I got a D... I really like the physics department at keele and I was looking at the major degree in physics but I still need to combine it with another subject so i am still stuck...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by iloveoatcakes)
    For music technology I can get in but I am trying to look at chemistry and maths but I doubt that I'll get a B in either of those subjects as in Maths I got a U last year and Chemistry I got a D... I really like the physics department at keele and I was looking at the major degree in physics but I still need to combine it with another subject so i am still stuck...
    2 weeks ago you said the only subject you wanted to combine Physics with was music technology. Now you're thinking about chemistry or maths? You don't seem very sure about what it is you want to do, so I think you should focus on picking the right degree and worry about entry requirements later.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,
    I have always wanted to go to Keele to study Physics, until I found out it is only available as a single honors. The only subject that really excites me out of the list is Music Technology, I have been a performer all my life and when my dad was in a band I loved to watch him edit music as well, unfortunately I took Maths, Physics and Chemistry at college and I am struggling to link my subjects to Music Technology. I have looked at studying maths or chemistry with it but I don't think I will get the entry requirements for the course in the specific subjects...
    What should I do?
    Hi,

My name is Jodie I work in the Student Services Centre at Keele. I recommend if you are not too far away from us coming and visiting any schools you are interested in that way you can discuss your options with them. You can do this by coming to an independent visit http://www.keele.ac.uk/visiting/independentvisits/.

All you need to do is get in touch with any schools which you would like to talk to by emailing/phoning them: http://www.keele.ac.uk/faculties/.

I hope this helps!

Jodie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    2 weeks ago you said the only subject you wanted to combine Physics with was music technology. Now you're thinking about chemistry or maths? You don't seem very sure about what it is you want to do, so I think you should focus on picking the right degree and worry about entry requirements later.
    I know it's like months later and I've already got all my offers and everything but it does say in my original post that I was also thinking of either chemistry or maths... it's at the very end
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I know it's like months later and I've already got all my offers and everything but it does say in my original post that I was also thinking of either chemistry or maths... it's at the very end
    Why have you bumped a 7 month old thread? :confused:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.