Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Compelling Personal Reason watch

    • Thread Starter

    Afternoon Student finance

    My sibling has a physical disability, the carer travel to attend family even which was important.

    So I had no choice but to care for her, I had medical evidence of this and another form proofing we are siblings, the carer will not state I had to carer for her instead which interrupted my studies for almost four months.

    When returned to apply to my studies there was a family funeral and sudden death by the month a date close to my exams where I was asked again to care the person who needs assistance in everyday life activies such as eating, cooking, washing,

    My sponsor was late with evidence which caused to attend my university until November. I will be applying for a gift year because I think that these are suitable reasons. Will I have bad luck, this year I am in a great place to fully commit and study.

    Let ASAP
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    If you were unable to complete a year of study due to a unavoidable caring responsibility then you can apply to get a year of funding back. We will need to see evidence of your caring responsibility, this could take the form of a letter from a Doctor, your University, social services or a member of the clergy. This list isn't exhaustive so if there's any other type of evidence that you feel supports your case then send that as well.

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.