Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My ex and I were together 2 years ago, and he left me when he learnt that I was seriously unwell. Although as soon as we split I made a mild recovery and was able to go back to a normal-ish routine, so then he decided to mess me around and manipulate me knowing I adored him.
    Over the space of 8 months he'd managed to turn my supposed friends against me, and convince me he was there for me.

Two years later, and I still love him like it was yesterday.
    I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My ex and I were together 2 years ago, and he left me when he learnt that I was seriously unwell. Although as soon as we split I made a mild recovery and was able to go back to a normal-ish routine, so then he decided to mess me around and manipulate me knowing I adored him.
    Over the space of 8 months he'd managed to turn my supposed friends against me, and convince me he was there for me.

If i was you i would try and have no contact with him, because it seems that he didnt want you when you were unwell but as soon as he left you made a mild recovery and if he comes back into your life that mild recovery may go. He turned your friends against you was a childish thing to do and if he is convincing you that he there for you dont listen to that because he could easily be lying about it due to the fact he left you when you were ill when he should have been by your side supporting you. My advice is to you that you try and have no contact with him so that he cant mess up your life because if he knows that you still adore him he will take advantage of that and try and ruin your life for you. x

(Original post by RBalboa)
    If i was you i would try and have no contact with him, because it seems that he didnt want you when you were unwell but as soon as he left you made a mild recovery and if he comes back into your life that mild recovery may go. He turned your friends against you was a childish thing to do and if he is convincing you that he there for you dont listen to that because he could easily be lying about it due to the fact he left you when you were ill when he should have been by your side supporting you. My advice is to you that you try and have no contact with him so that he cant mess up your life because if he knows that you still adore him he will take advantage of that and try and ruin your life for you. x
    Thank-you, it's really nice to hear some genuine advice for a change x

ReputationRep:

Do you have good parents or friends you can talk to and look for help?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, you hold onto that love, it'll keep you strong. It's okay to hold onto lost love as long as you make room for other things.

ReputationRep:
    Thank-you, it's really nice to hear some genuine advice for a change x
    your welcome x

No contact first,

and leave that place,

and apply for a master somewhere else,

and start your new life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.