Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dating for three months, got tickets for a weekend holiday destination. Too much? watch

We have been together for three months now and our relationship is progressing quickly. Im going to surprise her tomorrow with a weekend holiday at any European destination for her bday. However my mates think its way too much.

ReputationRep:
    3 months? weekend away? nah fam. She'll expect more and more each time. What you planning on doing for 12 months? Take her to space?

ReputationRep:
    I would say it should be ok. Mind you weekends away can be quite intense. Perhaps it would have been worth a discussion if she's up for it. But if the tickets are bought run with it. I wouldn't buy a ring, mind..

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit much in my opinion, but if that's what you want to spend your money on, nothing we say will stop you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BestWingmanEver)
    3 months? weekend away? nah fam. She'll expect more and more each time. What you planning on doing for 12 months? Take her to space?
    lmao dinner and drinks will do at this point in time.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Too much, imo. A weekend away however, would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how close you are. If it's just casual and you're not too serious, might be a bit much for her. But if you're super close already, don't see a problem. She might find it really sweet. You know her best.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.