Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've posted here quite a lot during my hunt for a job, so some of you may recognise my username.

But basically, I applied for a job in McDonalds so that I could move in with my fiancee, as she lives other side of country.

I am a 25yr old graduate with a degree in Digital Media, and although I want to go into this area, of all the emails I have got back from firms; they echo one thing- 'lack of experience'.

So...with this in mind, and the fact I want to be moved over to the city where partner lives, I decided- what the hell- I shall apply for any job. So I went for McDonalds.

I have 8 years experience in a 'customer facing' role. As specified in the recruitment process. I passed the questionnaire (first phase), passed the group interview (second phase).

Completed third stage (20 min on job evaluation and one on one interview). I thought it went horribly wrong, although I did what was asked of me in my OJE, answered questions thoroughly at interview. Although I thought I wouldn't get the job, deep down I hoped I would, and my partner told me to keep my chin up, and I probably did better than I thought.

Read my email today, to find I wasn't successful. What can I do? Feel like **** not even McDonalds will hire me at this time. Perhaps a better candidate came along whom knows.

I want to be with partner by xmas, but dont think it'll be the case.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.