Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in the process of writing my personal statement and need some tips on what i should include...

Does anyone have any good tips on writing a primary education personal statement?

If you've got accepted into uni doing primary education can you please help!

I've wrote about my work experience mosley but what else and what shall i put in my first & last paragraph?

Many thanks to anyone who can help!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    There is an article on how to write a teaching PS - look at the subject guides in my signature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    There is an article on how to write a teaching PS - look at the subject guides in my signature
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

Although I'm only in yr.11, my school had an evening where they invited in speakers and the one who spoke about Education told me that it is best to try and get experience working with little children. He said that his uni (Oxford Brooks) wanted at least a week in the 6th months before you handed in the application. I guess that is a place to start - saying how much experience you've had maybe?
    Sorry, I'm not much help but I was wondering where are you hoping to study (I'm trying to get a good idea about good teaching Universities for Primary Education) and are you doing the full course or a post- grad?

Thanks and good luck with your statement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethMoulson)
    Hey.

Although I'm only in yr.11, my school had an evening where they invited in speakers and the one who spoke about Education told me that it is best to try and get experience working with little children. He said that his uni (Oxford Brooks) wanted at least a week in the 6th months before you handed in the application. I guess that is a place to start - saying how much experience you've had maybe?
    Sorry, I'm not much help but I was wondering where are you hoping to study (I'm trying to get a good idea about good teaching Universities for Primary Education) and are you doing the full course or a post- grad?

Thanks and good luck with your statement!
    Hello! Thank you so much for replying that's helped my quite a bit! I'm doing a full course and im a undergrad so I'm trying to look at some good universities that i could apply for
    I'm really hoping to get into Winchester uni as i absolutely love the campus and their teaching. Although its super hard to get into.. They get 1,400 each year and can only accept 230 of them! So as you can see there is a very slim chance of getting in. Is this what you are looking into doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Courts_xo)
    Hello! Thank you so much for replying that's helped my quite a bit! I'm doing a full course and im a undergrad so I'm trying to look at some good universities that i could apply for
    I'm really hoping to get into Winchester uni as i absolutely love the campus and their teaching. Although its super hard to get into.. They get 1,400 each year and can only accept 230 of them! So as you can see there is a very slim chance of getting in. Is this what you are looking into doing?
    Hey. I am thinking of doing a post- grad at the moment but it depends how I find A levels.
    Winchester is pretty intimidating, huh? Very popular. I wish you luck in getting in!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.