Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have no friends at school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm in year 12 I used to have a group of friends but they all left and went to different colleges. On my first day of sixth form I tried to make new friends, but the next day they didn't really feel interested in me. Usually at break and lunch times I head to the libary and pretend that I do work there, because I don't want people to think that I have no friends. I have tried many times to make friends but people just don't feel interested and they just find something better. I've tried making friends and interacting.
    Can anyone give me any advice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i've witnessed some 6xth former in your shoe who are now in university. this girl i've noticed she has always been solo, even at uni now, she travels on the bus by herself, it does make me a bit lonely for her. I dont really have any advice cos ive only stick around one friend all these years. but thats not to say i am isolating myself from everyone else in the class. when i sit in a table i smile and ask them questions that's in context of course. overall i get along well with most people cos they see me as this smiley person who has a neutral relationship with everyone. i mean if they dont seem interested maybe it's how you bring yourself across to them, do you seem forced and awkward? make your talk more relaxed and casual, nothing formal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i've witnessed some 6xth former in your shoe who are now in university. this girl i've noticed she has always been solo, even at uni now, she travels on the bus by herself, it does make me a bit lonely for her. I dont really have any advice cos ive only stick around one friend all these years. but thats not to say i am isolating myself from everyone else in the class. when i sit in a table i smile and ask them questions that's in context of course. overall i get along well with most people cos they see me as this smiley person who has a neutral relationship with everyone. i mean if they dont seem interested maybe it's how you bring yourself across to them, do you seem forced and awkward? make your talk more relaxed and casual, nothing formal.
    Yeah I do feel awkward and a little forced, but I don't know how to feel relaxed and casual when other 'new' people are around me.

ReputationRep:
    im literally in the same position as you. i was out of education for a long time due to medical reasons and hospital admissions, and ive always had trouble making friends anyway. I'm in first year at college but im one year behind everyone else because i missed all my GCSE exams so all of year 11 and half of year 10.
    basically i'm supposed to be going to uni next year but instead im gonna start a levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I think im probs gonna be like that girl when I eventually do go to uni, and the thought of it makes me sad because What kind of a life is that. I'm in college atm, but when one is at uni friends are all they have really and theyre more likely to be bullied if they have no friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristen2)
    im literally in the same position as you. i was out of education for a long time due to medical reasons and hospital admissions, and ive always had trouble making friends anyway. I'm in first year at college but im one year behind everyone else because i missed all my GCSE exams so all of year 11 and half of year 10.
    basically i'm supposed to be going to uni next year but instead im gonna start a levels.
    Yes its hard, cause I want to make friends but I just can't keep up a conversation or don't know what to talk about which makes it awkward.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.