The Student Room Group

I have no friends at school

Well I'm in year 12 I used to have a group of friends but they all left and went to different colleges. On my first day of sixth form I tried to make new friends, but the next day they didn't really feel interested in me. Usually at break and lunch times I head to the libary and pretend that I do work there, because I don't want people to think that I have no friends. I have tried many times to make friends but people just don't feel interested and they just find something better. I've tried making friends and interacting.
Can anyone give me any advice.
Reply 1
Yeah I do feel awkward and a little forced, but I don't know how to feel relaxed and casual when other 'new' people are around me.
im literally in the same position as you. i was out of education for a long time due to medical reasons and hospital admissions, and ive always had trouble making friends anyway. I'm in first year at college but im one year behind everyone else because i missed all my GCSE exams so all of year 11 and half of year 10.
basically i'm supposed to be going to uni next year but instead im gonna start a levels.
I think im probs gonna be like that girl when I eventually do go to uni, and the thought of it makes me sad because What kind of a life is that. I'm in college atm, but when one is at uni friends are all they have really and theyre more likely to be bullied if they have no friends.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by kristen2
im literally in the same position as you. i was out of education for a long time due to medical reasons and hospital admissions, and ive always had trouble making friends anyway. I'm in first year at college but im one year behind everyone else because i missed all my GCSE exams so all of year 11 and half of year 10.
basically i'm supposed to be going to uni next year but instead im gonna start a levels.

Yes its hard, cause I want to make friends but I just can't keep up a conversation or don't know what to talk about which makes it awkward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending