Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've basically got yr 11 mocks coming up at the end of November/beginning of December and stressing out as the mocks determine whether im doing foundation or higher tier. In my recent non calculator paper I got a D but one mark away from a C. I know ive done extremely bad at it and need to study really hard to get a B in this mock. Do you have any study tips or revision websites, all answers would be much appreciated. My exam board for maths is Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibtisxm)
    I've basically got yr 11 mocks coming up at the end of November/beginning of December and stressing out as the mocks determine whether im doing foundation or higher tier. In my recent non calculator paper I got a D but one mark away from a C. I know ive done extremely bad at it and need to study really hard to get a B in this mock. Do you have any study tips or revision websites, all answers would be much appreciated.
    Make sure you understand the material, keep trying the questions, whenever you have a certain type of question you consistently cannot do, do not brush it aside, look up that topic, revise it, ask questions on TSR till you can do all such questions that require that technique/topics/whatever. Rinse and repeat. Go through a paper and prioritise the topics that you need to do this for, red for urgent, or use exclamation marks, etc...

Read your textbook/notes, make sure you understand the nuances of the topics, google something if you don't understand, don't just say "I don't understand, but it's such a small thing and it's inconsequential" - google, use videos, come on TSR and ask for help, etc...

ReputationRep:
    Yes what are the subjects yu want? And is it OL? (ordinary level) If its on December yu need to start it now and so yu can rest during exams without much stress because yu need ur mind relaxed to do them ! So study with short notes mind maps and flash cards ! Yu can find everything on youtube !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I will constantly go over the topics I struggle with

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming ure doing gcse maths?
    I found the edexcel gcse maths official revision guide sooo helpful it came with a practise book too and it's not expensive
    The book was nice and colorful not boring
    Each topic was covered each topic over 1 page with precise examples showing the exact working that gets you the marks and types of questions that will come up to do with that topic and questions to try at the end
    Found it very clear and easy to follow it really helped me when I was struggling with maths last minute towards the exam time.

This is the book I'm talking about
    Would definately recommend the workbook with it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1446...C-L&ref=plSrch

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I revise by going on youtube (along with my revision book i got from whsmith, not sure if they have one for exdecel cos mine is wjec), this is the formula search i always put into youtube search:

________ gcse

the blank bit is the topic of maths you want to go over, gcse is there to filter out other level of maths and what not. they're really helpful, one topic can last 2 minutes and it just clicks straight away in your head after watching it. other videos last 20 minutes, however these vids includes practise questions in which the teacher in it will go through with you AFTER teaching you the topic at the beginning, if u only want the rules then u can watch the first 5 minutes!

heres one example video:

ReputationRep:
    lots of practice questions here, sorted by topic/ grade.
    https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/...aths-takeaway/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.