Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 credit cards, all uptodate and never defaulted on them. The oldest is year old, the newest a month. I have been to hsbc and santander for student accounts, both rejected me, but upon checking, only hsbc credit scored me.

I have an appointment with Halifax next month whom I've had a current account with since january, but I get the feeling I'll be rejected.

I find it stupid personally that you can be rejected for a student account, as a student. Baring in mind they don't need the money back until 4 years from now.

Has anyone been in this position before?

ReputationRep:
    You say you're up to date on your cards: do you mean that there's no outstanding balance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    You say you're up to date on your cards: do you mean that there's no outstanding balance?
    There is nothing due yet, I've paid as much as I can early to reduce my debt/available credit ratio, come the time when I want to apply for a student account.

Though I just did with santander, filled in correctly, and was rejected again. They don't seem to show on my credit file, though.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.