Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Long distance NIGHTMARE!! watch

Announcements

Me and my boyfriend are long distance... I know he loves me and I love him but I get these thoughts every day that he doesnt any more or has lost interest in me and it makes me so down. I tell him about it sometimes but all he can say is that's not the case and he DOES love me. This is my issue that I am making and I don't know what to do. I am scared I am going to push him away but it gets me so down. I guess I need someone to show me affection and obviously we can't because we aren't together. I just get sad when I think of him and worry he is going to break up with me or something. I just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in an LDR too right now and I completely understand these feelings, I really empathise. What helps is that he's really affectionate and he tells me he loves me all the time. Maybe you could ask your boyfriend to express his feelings more? I find that it really helps me when mine does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my boyfriend are long distance... I know he loves me and I love him but I get these thoughts every day that he doesnt any more or has lost interest in me and it makes me so down. I tell him about it sometimes but all he can say is that's not the case and he DOES love me. This is my issue that I am making and I don't know what to do. I am scared I am going to push him away but it gets me so down. I guess I need someone to show me affection and obviously we can't because we aren't together. I just get sad when I think of him and worry he is going to break up with me or something. I just don't know what to do.
    Firstly I don't see the problem if he says he loves you and he means it then he will stay loyal, if he doesn't then that makes him a liar and a deceiver which means he wasn't meant for you in the first place, as a successful relationship is based on trust.

You need to stop stressing otherwise your frantic behavior will eventually end up doing what you were so scared of in the beginning and that is actually push him to leave or cheat on you.

ReputationRep:
    nice try dobby
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I know it is tough but you need to trust him otherwise you will push him away.

(Original post by halliethestudent)
    Girl I completely understand ! I live in England and my boyfriend and I have been together for just under a year. We were so happy and still are but he moved to Spain two months ago and it's been really hard. You have to think of the benefits of being with him and how great the future will be if you two succeed through the long distance. This boy is someone you love. Love involves trust and he loves you too so you owe him your trust. You have to remember that he's a guy and he may not show his feelings as much as you want him to but he's committed to long distance which shows enough that he loves you. Not many guys would agree to a long distance relationship . Focus on the next time you see him and look forward to that but you can't let him take over your life, yes he's a big part of your life but he isn't part of your day to day life therefore you just need to get on with this and if you do time will go faster. THe best thing to do is kindly approach this issue with him and let him know that you feel as distant from him as you are and together discuss the issues because if you don't you're only going to feel more alone than you are already . And you can read this with the up most trust that this advice is valuable because I'm in the exact same position as you and I experience the same problems as you so if you ever just want a chat I'm here! I love my boyfriend and so do you and we're worried we will lose this precious person in our lives but we have to look towards the future because the future is the reason we're putting ourselves through this pain now x good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you this is a wonderful response and really helped me!

and thank you to everyone for replying and letting me know these feelings are normal and i'm not crazy! i just need to not let it affect me so!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.