Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Today I got a message from KCL:

Thank you for your application to King's College London.
    In order to continue assessing your application, please can you provide the following information within 7 days:

• Academic reference from a verifiable academic email address or on headed paper

Your referee can send this information to me directly via email to or it can be provided in a letter and uploaded as an attachment on the King’s Apply system. Please note that all emails must come from verifiable academic email addresses and all letters must be signed on official letter headed paper.
    We would be grateful if you could provide the above information as soon as possible, and within 7 days of the date of this message, or your application may be made unsuccessful.
    Once received, we will continue to assess your application. If you are unable to provide this information within the deadline for any reason please let us know so that we can advise further.

Should I provide them with the same reference as in my UCAS application (without grade predictions since I passed my exams last year) or should I ask another referee?Is it a problem that my referee was giving me only extra classes so I wasn't attending the school where she is teaching?And last question: is it a good sign or just no sign at all that they are asking me for additional academic reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evvkap)
    Today I got a message from KCL:

Thank you for your application to King's College London.
    In order to continue assessing your application, please can you provide the following information within 7 days:

• Academic reference from a verifiable academic email address or on headed paper

Your referee can send this information to me directly via email to or it can be provided in a letter and uploaded as an attachment on the King’s Apply system. Please note that all emails must come from verifiable academic email addresses and all letters must be signed on official letter headed paper.
    We would be grateful if you could provide the above information as soon as possible, and within 7 days of the date of this message, or your application may be made unsuccessful.
    Once received, we will continue to assess your application. If you are unable to provide this information within the deadline for any reason please let us know so that we can advise further.

Should I provide them with the same reference as in my UCAS application (without grade predictions since I passed my exams last year) or should I ask another referee?Is it a problem that my referee was giving me only extra classes so I wasn't attending the school where she is teaching?And last question: is it a good sign or just no sign at all that they are asking me for additional academic reference?
    It's a sign that they aren't happy with the referee you provided, by the look of it. If it's only a tutor, there won't be enough of an overview of the rest of your academic ability and it sounds as if she has not made herself look sufficiently official. I'd contact your old school, and fast. It's now half term and they want it within 7 days or they will reject you.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the reply.
    Well it will be quite a challenge to find someone with perfect English in my old school within 7 days since I am an international student.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the reply.
    Well it will be quite a challenge to find someone with perfect English in my old school within 7 days since I am an international student.
    I suggest you contact the university on Monday and explain the situation to them and try to buy yourself some more time. They may be more sympathetic in person than they sound in the email.

ReputationRep:
    I finished one year of Applied Linguistics in the University.
    I believe my professor will be enough academic for them?

ReputationRep:
    I've finished one year of Applied Linguistics in the University.
    I believe my professor will be enough academic for them?
    I'm sure he will, as long as he makes it known who he is and what his title is, on the kind of headed paper/email they ask for.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you one more time for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you one more time for the help.
    You are welcome.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.