Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going to apply to a PGCE course in History once the application process begins and I was wondering if anyone else in the same situation had any more information about what knowing the National Curriculum actually means. Is it enough to just read it? I'm a bit confused about it all really because of the changes that have/are going to come into place soon, so I'm not sure what is the most up to date information.

Also, for 'educational issues', would reading news stories on like the Guardian, TES news stories, and the BBC be enough or is there an actual resource to find out stuff? I know about the TES supplement but its probably too late to subscribe so will reading recent news stories catch me up or is there another, better idea?

I feel like I'm missing out on something really important somehow hence all the questions, any help I'd really appreciate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by dee132)
    Here's the Programme of Study for KS3.

The content you will need to teach at KS4 and KS5 will depend on the Awarding Body chosen by your school.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get asked any questions about the national curriculum or current educational issues so don't stress too much. Read through enough to know the basic outline but not word for word. And follow TES on Twitter / Facebook and read their feeds, it's just so if they do ask you you have something to say. None of my friends who have done a PGCE have been asked about those topics either! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.