Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Opinions LGBT watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So what are your opinions on LGBT.

Tbh this has never bothered me im a muslim myself but don't have a issue with people being LGBT. My bestfriend is bisexual and people assume she jumps on every girl whereas i belive thats not true because you can say the same thing about straigt people. For example, a straight boy jumps on every girl they see. So I don't judge... And its simple i dont know why people have a big issue with LGBT. Like my school wont allow us to have a lesson on it because they think the students will react a lot.. And say LGBT is wrong.. Etc and i think that it wrong because kids should be able to learn it and know its life and theres people in the world like that..

Please do not hate..
    Just remember "sticks and bones may break your bones, but words and names can make you want to kill yourselves".

ReputationRep:
    it's awesome

ReputationRep:
    I try not to judge anyone apart from myself

ReputationRep:
    Well I mean. I'm not exactly straight myself so being against the LGBT community would be a touch hypocritical of me. My way of thinking is, if it's between consenting adults and it's not hurting anyone, then you do you.

But yeah, this should be something spoken about in schools. The more educated people are, (hopefully) the less hatred they'll harbour.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    what school do you go to? because my school gives lesson on acceptance on LGBT in RE and PSE, sounds like your school is full of muslim students perhaps? im for LGBT

ReputationRep:
    We are fabulous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    We are fabulous
    I'm not sure what that smiley is, but I feel it on a spiritual level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scitty)
    I'm not sure what that smiley is, but I feel it on a spiritual level.
    It's gay cat, the star of internet forums with high gay populations

ReputationRep:
    I am very apathetic towards it all.

As in, I don't really care what anyone's sexuality is because it doesn't define who they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    It's gay cat, the star of internet forums with high gay populations
    Beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gone with the wind fabulous and always will be.

I have Pink hair and love it.

You see much more than this on the streets of Malmö

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get why people are homophobic at all - it's none of their business and they're not affected in any way possible. Just let people be. Nobody is getting hurt. If it's not for you personally then that's great, just don't interfere with other peoples right to love.

ReputationRep:
    There are far more interesting things to learn about a person than their sexual preference. I worry for the bigoted people who spend absurd amounts of time thinking about it, or who dictate that personal worth/morality is based upon who you're attracted to. In the near future no one is going to give a damn about it and the concept of 'coming out' will be redundant - I look forward to this.

This also applies to the people whose personalities revolve around their sexuality...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliendays)
    I don't really get why people are homophobic at all - it's none of their business and they're not affected in any way possible. Just let people be. Nobody is getting hurt. If it's not for you personally then that's great, just don't interfere with other peoples right to love.
    High 5!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.