Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I am deeply influenced by asian standards so i prefer to be pale. i dont mind tan but you know it's overload when you blend in with a carrot patch

ReputationRep:
    What's the question? You can't change what skin colour you're born with
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What's the question? You can't change what skin colour you're born with
    sun light and bleaching products.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    just embrace your skin tone, if you are pale be pale and happy if you are dark be dark and happy. The only thing i find slightly ridiculous is when really pale girls slather themselves in fake tan, i don't see the point of doing that but if it makes them happy then great

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    love ur self boo

ReputationRep:
    I like being exactly between those
    I'm pale enough to easily find make up for my skin tone but naturally tanned enough that I don't feel the need to tan :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    love ur self boo
    need to learn first, but for now i'll be staying out of the sun 24/7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I am deeply influenced by asian standards so i prefer to be pale. i dont mind tan but you know it's overload when you blend in with a carrot patch
    I wish I could tan more easily, burning every summer is not fun
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    just embrace your skin tone, if you are pale be pale and happy if you are dark be dark and happy. The only thing i find slightly ridiculous is when really pale girls slather themselves in fake tan, i don't see the point of doing that but if it makes them happy then great
    there this girl in my school who didnt apply tan properly to her face but somehow managed to slather it all on her ankles. her ankles looked so orange creating this huge contrast against her face

ReputationRep:
    need to learn first, but for now i'll be staying out of the sun 24/7
    (I secretly wish I was more brown) :P xD and cool

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be pale but im brown lool.

ReputationRep:
    I look better when I have a tan. I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and warm skin tone and my type just looks better tanned. Also, skin imperfections on the face are a lot less visible (without make up) when you are tanned. And I actually love when my freckles come out because of the sun.

But some people look better pale. Cool types (blonde/blue eyed) look way better pale. Tan looks wrong on th 'cool' types.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    I wanna be pale but im brown lool.
    it's ok, just stay out of the sun

ReputationRep:
    it's ok, just stay out of the sun
    I do haha

ReputationRep:
    Who cares, beautiful skin is beautiful skin pale, tan or dark. That being said naturally tanned or dark skin is much more age resistant, and less likely to show up red marks and veins. The olive skinned members of my family retain their beauty much longer than the pale ones.

Very pale wouldn't be ideal as you'd look sickly and too tanned would just look unnatural.

ReputationRep:
    A very light tan is ideal

ReputationRep:
    Natural skin tones tend to look best,
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    Who cares, beautiful skin is beautiful skin pale, tan or dark. That being said naturally tanned or dark skin is much more age resistant, and less likely to show up red marks and veins. The olive skinned members of my family retain their beauty much longer than the pale ones.
    yes yes i know, but it's not like i want to be pale for others, i do it for myself.

ReputationRep:
    Pale every time. This sounds a bit gross but I think it looks so cool when you can see veins through pale skin.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.