Hurricane Patricia Live Coverage watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    http://myearthcam.com/lamanzanilla
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n9QogL9IyE

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for posting this. This storm could be devastating. Hopefully we we'll get a Rita instead.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    updated

ReputationRep:
    The power of Adele.

ReputationRep:
    This is so horrible.

I am going to stay up and watch

Lets pray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    This is so horrible.

I am going to stay up and watch

Lets pray
    Same, to expand on my earlier point about Rita, initially after Katrina had hit, a faster more powerful hurricane they named Rita was predicted to hit the US whilst it was already down, but luckily it died off. I really hope this thing loses its energy quickly. The topographical effects of Mexico make the flooding aspect of it so dangerous.

Really glad evacuation has happened and it's not as many people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Lotus)
    Same, to expand on my earlier point about Rita, initially after Katrina had hit, a faster more powerful hurricane they named Rita was predicted to hit the US whilst it was already down, but luckily it died off. I really hope this thing loses its energy quickly. The topographical effects of Mexico make the flooding aspect of it so dangerous.

Really glad evacuation has happened and it's not as many people.
    What Im confused about is that you can see people walking around the pool in the live coverage and you can hear people screaming....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    What Im confused about is that you can see people walking around the pool in the live coverage and you can hear people screaming....
    Some people stay in situations like this, they refuse to leave their houses

ReputationRep:
    It's a 100 mph storm it's not a big deal anymore it was twice as powerful yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    It's a 100 mph storm it's not a big deal anymore it was twice as powerful yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's because it had already hit when you made this post. It's extremely rare for a hurricane to retain category 5 landfall right upto landfall, even Katrina had weakened.

Considering the worst UK storms only have sustained winds around TS force (higher gusts) i'm entirely confident in saying that a Patrica like hurricane hitting the UK (though impossible) would comfortably rip most people's slate rooves off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.