Turn on thread page Beta

amuse me! watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    another pointless thread, but I am a pointless person! As you know I am stuck indoors for a month (woe is me) and I have the use of a wheelchair and crutches at my disposal. So....can anyone think of anything interesting to do on a wheelchair/crutches? I have already gone into town and tripped up people walking past. (They kept staring at me) and my effort to perfect the perfect handbrake turn is nothing short of pathetic. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Egg and spoon race

ReputationRep:
    get another person with a wheelchair and do some jousting with the crutches.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    another pointless thread, but I am a pointless person! As you know I am stuck indoors for a month (woe is me) and I have the use of a wheelchair and crutches at my disposal. So....can anyone think of anything interesting to do on a wheelchair/crutches? I have already gone into town and tripped up people walking past. (They kept staring at me) and my effort to perfect the perfect handbrake turn is nothing short of pathetic. Any ideas?
    learn wheelchair tricks, much like the ones you do on dmx bikes

ReputationRep:
    when i was little, i had a friend in a wheelchair....when i would go to her house to play, i used to use her spare chair and we would RACE along the footpath and it was sooo much fun popping wheelies! Try it!

ReputationRep:
    go to the top of a really big hill and wheel really fast down it. when you get to the bottom, use your crutches as breaks.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    oooo jousting! I have a friend who is leaving the burns unit tomorrow so I can have a bit of fun with that!

ReputationRep:
    personally, telly + chocolate would do it 4 me!

`much luck with the remaining time,

Sabrina

ReputationRep:
    as Sabrina says - telly.... Would ease off the chocolate as your axles may give way if you can't control it

You could read the Harry Potter series... I mean by the time you wake up things will be better
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Go to alton towers - half price entry for your and a carer and no queuing for rides (this is of course assuming that the reason you're temporarily using the chair doesn't make you unable to use the rides).

Other than that going to shops with steps outside and getting the staff to bring a large variety of goods to you for a couple of hours before leaving without buying anything is always good for a laugh...I recommend halfords - they've got an obsession with putting all the bike stuff (which can be very handy if you're a chair user) on mezanine floors without life access :rolleyes:

Oh and if you really want a laugh go through your local McDonalds drive through

ReputationRep:
    Write a best-selling novel....you should get plenty of material on here.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Go to alton towers - half price entry for your and a carer and no queuing for rides (this is of course assuming that the reason you're temporarily using the chair doesn't make you unable to use the rides).

Other than that going to shops with steps outside and getting the staff to bring a large variety of goods to you for a couple of hours before leaving without buying anything is always good for a laugh...I recommend halfords - they've got an obsession with putting all the bike stuff (which can be very handy if you're a chair user) on mezanine floors without life access :rolleyes:

Oh and if you really want a laugh go through your local McDonalds drive through
    lmao! I love it! I am going to have so much fun with this. If people can mock me by walking I can get them back

ReputationRep:
    You could sit and stare at this for a few hours. I found it rather amusing.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    lmao! I love it! I am going to have so much fun with this. If people can mock me by walking I can get them back
    Oh other freebies - odeon and most UCI cinemas are part of the plus 1 scheme which means you pay full price but your carer gets in free - and often cinema's have reserved wheelchair spots so even if a showing says sold out you might get in.

You have to ask for these things though - they're very bad at telling people about em.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.