Turn on thread page Beta

Experiences with sertraline/Zoloft? watch

Hi,

I was recently prescribed sertraline for depression and anxiety by my GP after feeling low for a longer period than normal (I get ups and downs). This was my first ever time going to the GP about my mood issues so it's been a while that I've been feeling like this. I do occasionally feel better and have bursts of enthusiasm and productivity, but it's not enough to sustain all my uni work and to keep my relationship going.

I just wanted to ask anyone in a similar situation to me (I'm 18, female, average height and weight) what their experiences were.

Specifically I wanted to ask if it helped your libido (mine is extremely low, and whether it affected your weight. I have eating issues (restrictive/bingeing) too so gaining weight would just mess everything up majorly so I don't know if I want to risk it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm replying in relation to the eating related problems. I have been prescribed sertraline as it is used to binging disorders. I have bulimia and it has actually lessoned by binging. In terms of libido, i don't really see a change. I'm also on quetiapine as well.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    One of my best mates started on sertraline recently, I asked him a few times how he's getting on with his tablets and he says they're decent, he's much less anxious on them and his OCD has improved. That's been the extent of the conversation though, but he seems to like them

(Original post by BulimicEdana)
    Hi, I'm replying in relation to the eating related problems. I have been prescribed sertraline as it is used to binging disorders. I have bulimia and it has actually lessoned by binging. In terms of libido, i don't really see a change. I'm also on quetiapine as well.
    Thanks for your reply - I find myself binge-eating a lot (I'm not bulimic though) so hopefully it can help with that too if I decide to take it. Hope it all works out for you!

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    One of my best mates started on sertraline recently, I asked him a few times how he's getting on with his tablets and he says they're decent, he's much less anxious on them and his OCD has improved. That's been the extent of the conversation though, but he seems to like them
    Hey, thanks for your reply. That's so good to hear and I'm glad it's working for him. I'm still not completely sure but it sounds like they're better than some of the other antidepressants around so I'm hoping it won't be too bad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.