Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I would like to share with you my current grades at GCSE and was wondering if any of you would be able to tell me if these results would allow me to get all A*s or the respective top grade for that particular subject. I am currently in Year 10 but I have already done a half-year of GCSE in Year 9 with results in all of them. I am in the first year of examinations for the 9-1 grading for Maths and English. I don't want to be showing off. I just really want people's opinion and feedback.

Maths: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A*- did a test on all topics that I had studied so far and I only dropped 3 marks. I believe that I can carry on this level of work throughout the rest of the Maths topics.
    Target: 9- My favourite subject and something that I want to do at AS. I can already do the C1, C2 and M1 modules of AS pretty comprehensibly but I haven't been tested. My teacher is aware of this but he wants me to get ultra-high grades and good results in UKMT instead of doing AS level at 14.

English Literature and Language: (AQA)
    Current grade: 7/8- did a recent exam and got these approximate grades in both
    Target: 9- Not my favourite subjects but I think that I can make the progress from 7/8 to 9 in two years. Can I?

Physics, Chemistry, Biology: IGCSE- (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A* in all subjects- don't find Science that difficult and I will probably continue for AS. Got A*s in all 15 tests that I have done in all these three sciences.

R.S: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A- tests on 3 out of 4 units
    Target: A*- Relatively easy just need to improve exam technique. Can I improve this in the time before my exams in May/June 2017.

I.T: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A- Controlled Assessment
    Target: A/A*- CA is mid to high A but I am finding the theory really easy so I think that my grade will be in between my target.

Geography: (Edexcel B)
    Current grade: A*- tests
    Target: A*- Find it really easy

History: (Edexcel B)
    Current grade: A
    Target: A/A*- Just need to improve my exam technique in answering questions and then I will be at A*

German: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: B
    Target: A/A*- Only did exams that had a maximum of a B. However, I am comfortably in the B grade and then should start A-A* work. Do you think that I will be able to master it?

Music: (AQA)
    Target: A-A*- Easy playing but the exam is slightly more difficult.

Astronomy: (Edexcel)
    Current grade:?- Haven't done any past papers yet but I find the course pretty easy. Will start in late November for an exam in June.
    Target: A*- I enjoy Science so I am aiming high

Further Maths: (AQA)
    Current grade:?- Haven't done much on it yet but with the AS Level work I am hoping that I will not struggle too much.
    Target: A^ (A* with Distinction)

Level 2 HPQ (AQA)
    Target: A*- my teacher is really critical so I am hoping that with all the feedback, I will be able to get my target.

I only want to get your feedback at how likely it is that I will get my targets. If you want any more info, just ask and I don't want to be showing off. I really am quite confused about how I will progress over the rest of Year 10 and Year 11 grades-wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths465Man)
    Hello all,

I would like to share with you my current grades at GCSE and was wondering if any of you would be able to tell me if these results would allow me to get all A*s or the respective top grade for that particular subject. I am currently in Year 10 but I have already done a half-year of GCSE in Year 9 with results in all of them. I am in the first year of examinations for the 9-1 grading for Maths and English. I don't want to be showing off. I just really want people's opinion and feedback.

Maths: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A*- did a test on all topics that I had studied so far and I only dropped 3 marks. I believe that I can carry on this level of work throughout the rest of the Maths topics.
    Target: 9- My favourite subject and something that I want to do at AS. I can already do the C1, C2 and M1 modules of AS pretty comprehensibly but I haven't been tested. My teacher is aware of this but he wants me to get ultra-high grades and good results in UKMT instead of doing AS level at 14.

English Literature and Language: (AQA)
    Current grade: 7/8- did a recent exam and got these approximate grades in both
    Target: 9- Not my favourite subjects but I think that I can make the progress from 7/8 to 9 in two years. Can I?

Physics, Chemistry, Biology: IGCSE- (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A* in all subjects- don't find Science that difficult and I will probably continue for AS. Got A*s in all 15 tests that I have done in all these three sciences.

R.S: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A- tests on 3 out of 4 units
    Target: A*- Relatively easy just need to improve exam technique. Can I improve this in the time before my exams in May/June 2017.

I.T: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: A- Controlled Assessment
    Target: A/A*- CA is mid to high A but I am finding the theory really easy so I think that my grade will be in between my target.

Geography: (Edexcel B)
    Current grade: A*- tests
    Target: A*- Find it really easy

History: (Edexcel B)
    Target: A/A*- Just need to improve my exam technique in answering questions and then I will be at A*

German: (Edexcel)
    Current grade: B
    Target: A/A*- Only did exams that had a maximum of a B. However, I am comfortably in the B grade and then should start A-A* work. Do you think that I will be able to master it?

Music: (AQA)
    Target: A-A*- Easy playing but the exam is slightly more difficult.

Astronomy: (Edexcel)
    Current grade:?- Haven't done any past papers yet but I find the course pretty easy. Will start in late November for an exam in June.
    Target: A*- I enjoy Science so I am aiming high

Further Maths: (AQA)
    Current grade:?- Haven't done much on it yet but with the AS Level work I am hoping that I will not struggle too much.
    Target: A^ (A* with Distinction)

Level 2 HPQ (AQA)
    Target: A*- my teacher is really critical so I am hoping that with all the feedback, I will be able to get my target.

I only want to get your feedback at how likely it is that I will get my targets. If you want any more info, just ask and I don't want to be showing off. I really am quite confused about how I will progress over the rest of Year 10 and Year 11 grades-wise.
    A grade 9 in English is near impossible. You have to be within the top 5% of the country.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.