How do I socialize more with my uni flatmates?

Watch
theperformer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
1st year uni student; started uni a little over a month ago. Including me, there are 6 people in the flat.

I get on with them; we all like each other, but everyone else seems to be more humorous and seem to be able to talk endlessly. I rarely crack jokes and I don't think I could hold a conversation for that long.

How do I become more humorous around them? How do I talk endlessly? I want to learn how to do this.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Keep bringing up little things until you find a common interest and then build on that, common things include:

Game Of Thrones
Walking Dead
Xbox
Playstation
Football
Rugby
Inbetweeners
Doctor Who

Things like that. =)
lotusbloom
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bake or buy cake, tins of chocolate/sweeties, or bottles of wine for the flat to share to break the ice a bit more It's going to take time before you can talk to them 'endlessly' so don't put so much pressure on yourself. Suggest a flat movie night. Halloween is coming up soon so you can have a party as well or even just decorate the kitchen together. Have a horror themed movie night
theperformer
Rep:
?
Bump.
Uyi 95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Forget it man

I'm like you. Just drink alcohol or start planning to look for a flat of your own
theperformer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uyi 95)
Forget it man

I'm like you. Just drink alcohol or start planning to look for a flat of your own
That sounds too depressing man. I've been here for a month so I'm not giving up.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just spend a lot of time with them and be yourself. It's not the end of the world if you're a bit quiet and over time you'll probably find more to say.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (719)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.87%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed