The Student Room Group

Economics or Physics?

Hi all, I am going to choose chemistry, biology, mathematics with statistics and economics in A-Level. However, I am not sure if I should choose physics instead of economics?

My brother said physics is really hard at A-Level and he dropped it at AS level. But when I look at economics it has A LOT of reading in it and in the college I aim to go to, more people get an A than A* at A2 economics. However, if I do biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics this just feels like a boring combination to me?

I was going to drop either maths or economics at the end of AS level but I'm not sure if I should take physics instead of economics. What do you think? thanks!
Reply 1
Bump. Any suggestions?
Original post by ibrahim11
Bump. Any suggestions?

Physics a level is so difficult in my opinion. Speaking from my experiences at school, people who did economics did better at AS and from a physics class of 20 people, it dropped to 4 at A2 because we found it so arduous. Generally, people enjoy economics a lot more, then again the teachers may play a big part in this widespread fear of physics A level at my school so take what I say with a pinch of salt!
Reply 3
Any other suggestions? :P

P.S. Going to arrange to go to my college to attend an economics and physics lesson to help me decide.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Choose based on what you prefer and are better at. From your choices, it seems as though you love science so I would probably go with physics, you may find it much easier than your friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending