Citronelle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
I studied in Southampton last year and I am now looking for a master somewhere else in the UK. I really much enjoyed the english educational system compared to mine (French). Now I'm asking myself where should I go study in the UK? My goal is to stay after the master and permanently (well at least for a few years) live in the UK. This means I have to find a city in the UK that is fun, young, and where there are JOBS! . I need a vibrant city. So, instead of googling "best cities UK" and reading about the telegraph ranking on which city is best to grow old I'm asking you, what would be a top 5 best city to live in the UK?

Critera:
- Job friendly (and by job I mean in the marketing / PR / communications / media industries)
- Fun, big, vibrant, just like you would picture let's say any european capital.
- Young but not completely run by students

This was a problem in Southampton, it's not a big city, it's mostly a student (undergraduate) city. This means there isn't much to do when they all leave, and job perspectives are low. Especially in the communications industry.

Thanks a lot!
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
London, Manchester, Brighton, Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Birmingham is one of the youngest cities in Europe and Solihull was voted 2nd best place to live in the UK, so there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...y-of-life.html
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
London
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Birmingham is one of the youngest cities in Europe and Solihull was voted 2nd best place to live in the UK, so there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...y-of-life.html
But not such a centre for media & marketing as per OP prime requirement. Outside London, Manchester is the next largest centre for media & marketing in the UK with the major agencies having their largest regional offices there. TBWA, JWT, McCann, Havas, Mediacom, etc, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Citronelle
Rep:
?
Nice, cheers!

Anyone to recommend a good master ranking for Public Relations, Creative Advertising, and other Media related (non-film related though) masters?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Citronelle)
Nice, cheers!

Anyone to recommend a good master ranking for Public Relations, Creative Advertising, and other Media related (non-film related though) masters?
You don't need, and few have, a Masters for a successful marketing career. Best bet is to start your career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Citronelle
Rep:
?
Alright, thanks
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Citronelle)
Hello,
I studied in Southampton last year and I am now looking for a master somewhere else in the UK. I really much enjoyed the english educational system compared to mine (French). Now I'm asking myself where should I go study in the UK? My goal is to stay after the master and permanently (well at least for a few years) live in the UK. This means I have to find a city in the UK that is fun, young, and where there are JOBS! . I need a vibrant city. So, instead of googling "best cities UK" and reading about the telegraph ranking on which city is best to grow old I'm asking you, what would be a top 5 best city to live in the UK?

Critera:
- Job friendly (and by job I mean in the marketing / PR / communications / media industries)
- Fun, big, vibrant, just like you would picture let's say any european capital.
- Young but not completely run by students

This was a problem in Southampton, it's not a big city, it's mostly a student (undergraduate) city. This means there isn't much to do when they all leave, and job perspectives are low. Especially in the communications industry.

Thanks a lot!
Hey there!

Wooo- I agree with 'Wilfred Little'! Birmingham is a great city, its currently the most visited place in the UK by tourists, and most invested in city by China!
I'm slightly biased, but I only moved here for university myself and stayed here after graduating.

It's full of opportunity, job prospects, places to see and visit, great food & music scene for a social life, and tonnes of connections with it's perfect location in the middle of the country!

But like I said, I'm biased! Worth checking out though!

Watch this cool video about the city.
http://counteract-magazine.com/2013/09/16/22-reasons-why-birmingham-is-great/
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...ondons-8964306

Hope you agree!
Best wishes,

Lydia (BCU)
bbbrian
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has to be london eventhough it may be a little bit expensive
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
10.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed