Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best cities? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I studied in Southampton last year and I am now looking for a master somewhere else in the UK. I really much enjoyed the english educational system compared to mine (French). Now I'm asking myself where should I go study in the UK? My goal is to stay after the master and permanently (well at least for a few years) live in the UK. This means I have to find a city in the UK that is fun, young, and where there are JOBS! . I need a vibrant city. So, instead of googling "best cities UK" and reading about the telegraph ranking on which city is best to grow old I'm asking you, what would be a top 5 best city to live in the UK?

Critera:
    - Job friendly (and by job I mean in the marketing / PR / communications / media industries)
    - Fun, big, vibrant, just like you would picture let's say any european capital.
    - Young but not completely run by students

This was a problem in Southampton, it's not a big city, it's mostly a student (undergraduate) city. This means there isn't much to do when they all leave, and job perspectives are low. Especially in the communications industry.

Thanks a lot!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    London, Manchester, Brighton, Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham is one of the youngest cities in Europe and Solihull was voted 2nd best place to live in the UK, so there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...y-of-life.html

ReputationRep:
    London
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Birmingham is one of the youngest cities in Europe and Solihull was voted 2nd best place to live in the UK, so there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...y-of-life.html
    But not such a centre for media & marketing as per OP prime requirement. Outside London, Manchester is the next largest centre for media & marketing in the UK with the major agencies having their largest regional offices there. TBWA, JWT, McCann, Havas, Mediacom, etc, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice, cheers!

Anyone to recommend a good master ranking for Public Relations, Creative Advertising, and other Media related (non-film related though) masters?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Citronelle)
    Nice, cheers!

Anyone to recommend a good master ranking for Public Relations, Creative Advertising, and other Media related (non-film related though) masters?
    You don't need, and few have, a Masters for a successful marketing career. Best bet is to start your career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alright, thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Citronelle)
    Hello,
    I studied in Southampton last year and I am now looking for a master somewhere else in the UK. I really much enjoyed the english educational system compared to mine (French). Now I'm asking myself where should I go study in the UK? My goal is to stay after the master and permanently (well at least for a few years) live in the UK. This means I have to find a city in the UK that is fun, young, and where there are JOBS! . I need a vibrant city. So, instead of googling "best cities UK" and reading about the telegraph ranking on which city is best to grow old I'm asking you, what would be a top 5 best city to live in the UK?

Critera:
    - Job friendly (and by job I mean in the marketing / PR / communications / media industries)
    - Fun, big, vibrant, just like you would picture let's say any european capital.
    - Young but not completely run by students

This was a problem in Southampton, it's not a big city, it's mostly a student (undergraduate) city. This means there isn't much to do when they all leave, and job perspectives are low. Especially in the communications industry.

Thanks a lot!
    Hey there!

Wooo- I agree with 'Wilfred Little'! Birmingham is a great city, its currently the most visited place in the UK by tourists, and most invested in city by China!
    I'm slightly biased, but I only moved here for university myself and stayed here after graduating.

It's full of opportunity, job prospects, places to see and visit, great food & music scene for a social life, and tonnes of connections with it's perfect location in the middle of the country!

But like I said, I'm biased! Worth checking out though!

Watch this cool video about the city.
    http://counteract-magazine.com/2013/09/16/22-reasons-why-birmingham-is-great/
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...ondons-8964306

Hope you agree!
    Best wishes,

Lydia (BCU)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.