Turn on thread page Beta

How to deal with a jealous friend? watch

I'm in sixth form now. We've been friends since year 7 and gradually just got closer. I've always been apart of small friendship groups.
    This one boy in particular is generally really nice and we get along great. For years I have found that SOMETIMES he acts differently when he is around different people. If it's just me and her then it's all fine. But if one other person or more is around then he will just say things aimed at me that are rude, like how he was in higher class sets than me for some subjects; despite me being in higher sets for different subjects.

Anyway, I recently changed one of my A Levels to a subject that he loved at GCSE but didn't meet the entry requirements. Because it's now the end of the term, the teachers were debating as to wether to let me on, I didn't 100% meet the requirements myself because I didn't get a B in Maths but the head of the department said it shouldn't be an issue. Ever since I told her that I'm switching, she has been extremely rude, bitter and clearly jealous, by picking up things that are invalid as to why I shouldn't switch, as to why this subject is harder, and that I can't do the subject at degree level for uni because you need XYZ grades and subjects - basically suggesting that I am either dumb or incompetent.

However, her father died a few weeks ago after being very ill and in hospital for a long time so she is obviously distraught over that. I've really supported her the best I could; keeping in mind that I am trying to get good A Level grades here!
    If I confront her, and if possibly make new friends, I know I will come out looking like the bad one!
    What should I do? Advice?
    Thanks!x

Don't know why I put "boy" and "him" so many times, and then changed to "her" half way through..
    My friend is a girl lol, oops.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.