Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there! Not sure if this is the appropriate forum in which I should ask about this but it seems somewhat relevant... I'm currently a first year student at the University of California and I'm going to study a year abroad in the Greater London area. I was considering studying at Pembroke at Cambridge, but there's a narrow chance of that happening...
    Anyways, does anyone have any recommendations about what uni is best for me to attend should I be studying UK politics or British Literature? (Most likely politics, though) Also, the institution, social life, and location are important factors that I'm taking into account. Right now I'm highly considering either UCL, University of Westminster, King's College, or LSBU. But if there are any other suggestions, please let me know! Ya'll have a good one(:
    • Specialist Advisor

    Specialist Advisor
    Hi there,

    I'm really pleased to hear that you're considering Westminster for your Study Abroad Year here in London.

    Choosing the right university for you is a really personal decision and its important you find out as much information on each university as you can, so starting your research on the Student Room is a great place to start!

    The modules/courses available for our Study Abroad students can be found on our Study Abroad information pages here, and we also offer London-Focused Classes for students really wanting to immerse their studies in London with all its fascinating history and culture.

    Our English Literature and Politics courses are all taught at our central London Regents campus, right in the heart of London's vibrant West-End. Our Regents campus was actually the university's original site opened back in 1839. I love London history!

    To get a good feel and idea of our Regents campus you can take a look at our online Virtual Tour here or even go on an online Open Day here.

    A really good way to take a peak at the social lives of our students is through our UWSU Students Union website here.

    There's also loads of useful information and help available specifically for Study Abroad students on our International Study Abroad website here and via email at [email protected] k

    Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.