Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, can you do pushups? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't do any (only a few on my knees).

ReputationRep:
    Most of the women I train with can at least do a few full push ups, say 5-10 of them. It takes more time than it would for a guy but you can still do them.

If you are looking to get better at them, look up '100 push ups', start it on your knees then start again with full push ups once you can do a few

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I can do about 12, but lots of people I know can't do any. I tend to do them after exercise to try and "use up" all the adrenaline.

It doesn't bulk up your arms at all, though, just defines them more without actually increasing the muscle

ReputationRep:
    I just did 6 (proper ones not girl ones), so yeah looks like I can. I do remember some of my friends couldn't even do one.

ReputationRep:
    I can do 9 when I'm really pushing myself, but on a bad day around 5.

But yeah, I echo the others on the thread. Most girls I know (except for the ones that actually work out) can't do one for real.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No chance.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I can do about 5 full, but when I work out I usually do them on my knees, because I know i will do more this way. I hope to get stronger though

ReputationRep:
    I do push ups according to what day of the month it is, so for 25th October I would do 25 push ups. It's a good way to increase stamina over a relatively long period of time. Sometimes I just do 10 if I can't be bothered.
    Now sit ups on the other hand are pretty difficult!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lizza)
    I can't do any (only a few on my knees).
    who can't do a push-up o-o is it really that hard?...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.)
    I do push ups according to what day of the month it is, so for 25th October I would do 25 push ups. It's a good way to increase stamina over a relatively long period of time. Sometimes I just do 10 if I can't be bothered.
    sit ups are the easy ones, my max is only 10 push ups but 120 sit ups, tricking makes you have muscle imbalance

ReputationRep:
    You can't do any?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lawl i can do 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar.)
    You can't do any?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and you can?:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    and you can?:lol:
    I can do a solid one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a sport enthusiast but I can't even do one push-up...I'll stick to cardio

ReputationRep:
    I could never do these and the girls at school were always so bad at it. I die after the fourth one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and I just tried and I did 2 is this bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.)
    I think sit ups are the easy ones. I struggle after 8-9 pushups because my arms aren't quite strong enough, but sit ups I can easily do a 100.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Jickleson)
    I'm a guy and I just tried and I did 2 is this bad?
    Probably not that much worse than me lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.