Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I’ma Brazilian, and I’m studying English Language at university. I really love thelanguage, and I want to improve my English and immerse in a different culture.One of the Countries that I want to know and I think that is one of the mostbeautiful places to be is Australia. I know that is just too far from Brazil,but I guess it’s worthwhile. How hard is, or if it’s possible, to teach Englishin Australia? What do I need to know about the visa, the country, culture andetc over there? Has someone already been there? Thank youso much!!

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine it would be very difficult to get work as an English teacher in Australia, especially if English is not your native language. They are an English speaking country, so the market for English teachers will be small. I'd recommend looking for other types of work.

If you're not set on Australia, there are many other countries where you could work as an English teacher, if that's what you want to do. I've been teaching English in China for the last 4 years, and there are plenty of opportunities, although maybe slightly fewer for a non-native speaker.

If you want to immerse your self in an English speaking environment, perhaps look for another line of work that interests you. Speaking 2 languages will undoubtedly help you to do this.

ReputationRep:
    The closest country near Australia that are always looking for English teachers is around Asia.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.