Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think this guy is interested in me? watch

I've got a work colleague who's 20 years older than me (I'm 25) we work together every single day, and have been doing so for about a month now.
    He's extremely outgoing and talkative, and will literally talk to anyone and say anything without hesitation. We've got to know each other well and we get on. I don't find him attractive and have never considered him like that, and anyway, he is married with kids.
    We have a laugh together, I mean about work and stuff, but recently I'm not sure I like the way things have become and I don't think it's appropriate. He has started to talk to me about his wife and other women he's been with in the past etc. and that's fine, I don't mind listening to him about stuff like that. He's definitely become more open and makes dirty jokes and innuendos now. (I admit I've got the same sense of humour, but I wouldn't make a joke about me and him or anything like that)
    Anyway, he asked if I had a boyfriend and I told him that i'd been single for a while, how my ex cheated etc. and he told me that I'd have no problems finding a new one as I'm very intelligent, very pretty etc. and I guessed he was just being nice.
    However, he told me yesterday again that I'm 'very physically attractive'. I have a bit of a crush on another of our workmates, who's also closer to his age, (but he is taken)
    I confided in him about it and he was pretending to act jealous and asking me what I saw in this guy, did I find him good-looking etc.
    I admit I found that a little strange. I can't tell if my workmate is interested or he's just very friendly.
    He always says how much he loves his wife and has never cheated etc.and he's never tried anything, but what do you think about this? Do you think he fancies me?

he has told me that his wife is very jealous, and has ripped up photos of him other women, stuff like that. He also invited me and another colleague for Sunday lunch, and his wife (who i've never met) told him to call her on Skype whilst I was there.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably banter, if you asked him about it I guarantee he'd be suprised at you thinking that

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it may well just be banter, and hopefully He's said I'm a really good friend and stuff, and it's good that he keeps talking about his wife. I'm just a bit worried about what she might think, and wouldn't want her to be upset.. anyway she's been on holiday but i'll hopefully meet her too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah it may well just be banter, and hopefully He's said I'm a really good friend and stuff, and it's good that he keeps talking about his wife. I'm just a bit worried about what she might think, and wouldn't want her to be upset.. anyway she's been on holiday but i'll hopefully meet her too
    Tbh that's her problem not yours aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, I guess so! I hope to make friends with her anyway too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.