x Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think of this site? (Please Read) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://inminds.com

i just want your opinion on this site

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Not so keen on it really. It is a muslim site though so I suppose it could be usefull for Muslim people who want advice on current issues that involve them. It also gives them advice on who to vote for in a slightly off way but I suppose that could also be usefull because no one else is giveing them this information. It is interesting to look at it for what it is and to find out more about what muslims in the Uk are thinking at the moment

Did you make this post twice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Not so keen on it really. It is a muslim site though so I suppose it could be usefull for Muslim people who want advice on current issues that involve them. It also gives them advice on who to vote for in a slightly off way but I suppose that could also be usefull because no one else is giveing them this information. It is interesting to look at it for what it is and to find out more about what muslims in the Uk are thinking at the moment

Did you make this post twice?
    ]

yea sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)

thank you
    i wouldnt buy software personally from anyone with a website like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i wouldnt buy software personally from anyone with a website like that
    She was sitting in a café in Paris with a French friend Antoine when two homosexual men in tight t-shirts walked passed hand in hand, occasionally stopping to kiss one another.

“That's disgusting!" exclaimed Antoine, a middle-aged, rather conventional French businessman.

"What, the two men?" She asked.

"No, no, not them. Behind them, the two women."

She looked but she couldn't see anything amiss. All she saw were two young women, walking past chatting to one other.

She turned to Antoine, mystified.

"The veils!" he exclaimed.

"Veils?" she asked.

"Yes, those headscarves," he said. "That shouldn't be allowed here in France."

ReputationRep:
    She was sitting in a café in Paris with a French friend Antoine when two homosexual men in tight t-shirts walked passed hand in hand, occasionally stopping to kiss one another.

“That's disgusting!" exclaimed Antoine, a middle-aged, rather conventional French businessman.

She looked but she couldn't see anything amiss. All she saw were two young women, walking past chatting to one other.

"Veils?" she asked.

ok i am not sure how this relates to what i said, what i meant was the actual web design, they are selling software so you would expect them to be pretty good at web design and that site's design is wack

this wasn't meant to be an anti-muslim comment in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    The French plan to restrict the headscarf is damn stupid, but it's worth remembering that the French do not intend to ban headscarves completely or to kill people who wear them, whereas nearly all muslims would like to make homosexual behaviour illegal and many muslims think it right to kill homosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    ok i am not sure how this relates to what i said, what i meant was the actual web design, they are selling software so you would expect them to be pretty good at web design and that site's design is wack

this wasn't meant to be an anti-muslim comment in the slightest
    Yes the design of the site is pretty bad and all the flashing things at the side get really annoying. I did French A2 and the headscarves issue was a major part of the racism topic. While I appreciate how frustatrating and difficult it must be for muslims living in countries where they feel their culure is not properly understood or accepted, websites like this make me really angry as all they seem to do is spread hatred of people who don't believe the same as they do. People of many religions say it is their right to be accepted and tolerated in society, but websites like just this show how they then refuse to accept and tolerate others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    The French plan to restrict the headscarf is damn stupid, but it's worth remembering that the French do not intend to ban headscarves completely or to kill people who wear them, whereas nearly all muslims would like to make homosexual behaviour illegal and many muslims think it right to kill homosexuals.
    I don't think that it is stupid. Well I am not very up to date with it.

But: If I am correct in thinking that the original idea was to take the head scarf out of schools along with all other religious symbols, then I am all for it.

I don't think that religions should become involved in schools in any way shape or form. This would also stop parents pressing their religion on to their children at such a young age.

But out of schools I see no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    But: If I am correct in thinking that the original idea was to take the head scarf out of schools along with all other religious symbols, then I am all for it.
    Many fail to see that the headscarf isn't as much of a religious symbol as it is a commandment in Islam. Outlawing it would offend Muslims all over the world. Further more, little girls don't have to wear it; it's the women who should. So your point about pressing children into religion isn't totally true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    Many fail to see that the headscarf isn't as much of a religious symbol as it is a commandment in Islam.
    Many muslims disagree with you.
    Outlawing it would offend Muslims all over the world. Further more, little girls don't have to wear it; it's the women who should. So your point about pressing children into religion isn't totally true.
    However, opinion polls have found that a majority of French muslims would favour such a ban because bigots who agree with you would try to force muslim women to wear headscarves.

ReputationRep:
    Many muslims disagree with you.However, opinion polls have found that a majority of French muslims would favour such a ban because bigots who agree with you would try to force muslim women to wear headscarves.
    Why don't the muslims who don't want to wear them not wear them and the ones that want to wear them wear them. I should be down to personal choice.

ReputationRep:
    ...many muslims think it right to kill homosexuals.
    Many Muslims?

I would like to point out it is unlawful to kill homosexuals in Islam. Anyone who does so disassociates themselves with the religion. While homosexuality in Islam is not allowed, the murder of any human being who is not a threat to your life personally is prohibited and has severe consequences indeed (if not in this world, then in the next from an Islamic POV).

That is not to say that there are not small minorities of uneducated people who deteste homosexuals and may even want them killed, but that is the same in any society; religious or otherwise.

~Darkness~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Why don't the muslims who don't want to wear them not wear them and the ones that want to wear them wear them. I should be down to personal choice.
    It should indeed be down to personal choice. unfortunately, in the opinion of many muslims, having made the personal choice to be born a muslim, you abrogate all other personal choices. What are known- to themselves at least- as community leaders see it as their duty to enforce what they think is proper muslim behaviour on other people who they think are members of that community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)

I would like to point out it is unlawful to kill homosexuals in Islam. Anyone who does so disassociates themselves with the religion. While homosexuality in Islam is not allowed, the murder of any human being who is not a threat to your life personally is prohibited and has severe consequences indeed (if not in this world, then in the next from an Islamic POV).
    I am glad you share my view of sharia law, on this matter at least.

ReputationRep:
    Many muslims disagree with you.
    Yes, well, those Muslims are plaint out wrong.

[24:31] [...] they should draw their head covering over their bosoms [...]

ReputationRep:

thank you
    Okay, I've had a quick look. Here's what I think at first sight:

It's a propaganda webpage.

Let me just pick out one element: The hijab issue in France.

They present France as though it was completely islamophobic and seeking to oppress Muslims.

That's not true. Yes, there are - as everywhere - racists and islamophobes, but the vast majority of French people and the state are very tolerant towards Muslim.
    After all, 5 million Muslims live in France. If it was that terrible, they would leave.

What is very interesting about their comments on the hijab issue in France, is that they consistently fail to mention one very important fact in their headlines: Namely, that the headscarve-ban applies only in state schools.

The site wants to give the impression that there is a general ban on the hijab in France. That of course, is utter non-sense. It's a vicious lie.

BTW, why did you ask us our opinion on this site?

ReputationRep:

"Veils?" she asked.

This rather weird paragraph seems to suggest that it's alright and expected to be homophobic, whilst trying to put down another form of discrimination. Very two-faced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    This rather weird paragraph seems to suggest that it's alright and expected to be homophobic, whilst trying to put down another form of discrimination. Very two-faced.
    I think it is more implying that it is just as bad to discriminate against someone because of their religion as it is to disciminate against someone because of their sexuality which I believe is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    Yes, well, those Muslims are plaint out wrong.

[24:31] [...] they should draw their head covering over their bosoms [...]
    Perhaps. On the other hand it may have only applied at the time or you may be taking it out of context.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.