Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should i wear a bra to sleep at night? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i am 30 and i wear a bra to bed, some people say that wearing a bra too much can restrict its growth and perhaps cause cancer. and some people wear them all the time, day and night, because they thin it will prevent sagging. i don't know which one to believe, any views?

ReputationRep:
    Don't. If you've got smaller boobs don't even bother wearing them at home all the time!
    But just do what you're comfortable with but wearing a bra 24/7 can't be too good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems like everything causes cancer these days. but who knows? I personally wear a bra to sleep because its too uncomfortable not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanie sands)
    i am 30 and i wear a bra to bed, some people say that wearing a bra too much can restrict its growth and perhaps cause cancer. and some people wear them all the time, day and night, because they thin it will prevent sagging. i don't know which one to believe, any views?
    Wear a unwired, unpadded bra. Much comfier than an ordinary bra. You can get some made of a stretchy material.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    let them free at night lol. try the non-padded and non-wire ones at night, much more comfortable

ReputationRep:
    I did read some scare-mongering some years ago about how wearing a bra for too long was a contributory factor in causing breast cancer. I looked into it and there was no credible evidence supporting it (then). As far as I know there isn't now. I would hate to wear a bra to bed but I suggest you do whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I also let them free at night bra in the day is enough for me! The minute I get home the first thing I do is take it off.

Also I once read not wearing a bra prevents sagging. At the end of the day they will sag eventually anyway...unless you get a boob job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I also let them free at night bra in the day is enough for me! The minute I get home the first thing I do is take it off.

Also I once read not wearing a bra prevents sagging. At the end of the day they will sag eventually anyway...unless you get a boob job!

Do you intend to get a boob job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzxxDash53xxzz)
    Do you intend to get a boob job?
    No, I'm happy with them.

Plus I like natural boobs. It's personal preference really but once I read a woman got a boob job and she breast fed her baby and when she looked into it's mouth it was filled with blood, so her baby had been drinking blood for however long....but that was because her silicone thing popped inside her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    No, I'm happy with them.

Plus I like natural boobs. It's personal preference really but once I read a woman got a boob job and she breast fed her baby and when she looked into it's mouth it was filled with blood, so her baby had been drinking blood for however long....but that was because her silicone thing popped inside her.
    oooo sounds disgusting. you seem approachable and have a nice personaltits

ReputationRep:
    There's no evidence it does, I don't even know where that myth came from.

If you want to wear a bra to bed then wear one, it's unlikely to make much difference. Although there is some evidence to suggest wearing a bra frequently can speed up sagging as it weakens the coopers ligaments. I used to wear a bra 24/7 but I've taken to sleeping without one now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    I did read some scare-mongering some years ago about how wearing a bra for too long was a contributory factor in causing breast cancer. I looked into it and there was no credible evidence supporting it (then). As far as I know there isn't now. I would hate to wear a bra to bed but I suggest you do whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    I sleep braless because it's comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nah let em flop out like a pair of socks

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.