Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why does my ex bf not want to talk anymore? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We broke up almost 1 year ago, met up 3 times(2 times for hookup and he helped me something) after the breakup, 1, 3, 6 months apart from each time. In the last time, I messaged to ask how he was, he suddenly flirted with me, said how he felt bad for how he treated me and would try his best to help me if I needed him. Also told me he dated 1 person and that was it when I asked. 1 week after that, I asked him to drive me to a place, he sounded happy to do so and he did, but was cold when driving me, that was it, we did nothing. 2 weeks later, I texted "Hi", no response, 1 day after, I texted and asked if he didnt want to help me anymore, he said he was sorry and he thinks it's not good for us to talk anymore. I wished him the best.
    Why is that? Hot and suddenly cold and not want to talk anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's trying to move on? He's your ex for a reason, just respect his choice not to talk and move on

ReputationRep:
    after a relationship was done, weve all said "lets stay friends" but this never works, as something has happened to you guys, and things cant get back to normal, as a part of you will always think of the other in the same way as if you were still together. Maybe no contact is his way of forgetting and not falling into the heartbreak and pain which once happened between you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Maybe he's trying to move on? He's your ex for a reason, just respect his choice not to talk and move on
    Yeah, but why does he do that after trying to flirt and help me? I thought he should have moved on after almost 4 months with no contact.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he's afraid of falling for you again, men are more emotional than you think, perhaps he's running away more for self preservation than doing anything maliciously towards you.
    Either that or you misinterpreted niceness as flirting and he realised you may have been getting the wrong idea so he thought it best to back off before potentially hurting you again. Best an emotional slap across the face now than an emotional killing blow in the future if you began to really reconnect with him again and he didn't feel the same way back.

ReputationRep:
    You posted this yesterday. And I'll say it again. You need to move on, this is not healthy.

It's been a year and yet you're still posting threads about a relationship that is over and will continue to be over. Why he doesn't want to talk to you is irrelevant. What is relevant is that you can't let go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tisreece)
    Perhaps he's afraid of falling for you again, men are more emotional than you think, perhaps he's running away more for self preservation than doing anything maliciously towards you.
    Either that or you misinterpreted niceness as flirting and he realised you may have been getting the wrong idea so he thought it best to back off before potentially hurting you again. Best an emotional slap across the face now than an emotional killing blow in the future if you began to really reconnect with him again and he didn't feel the same way back.
    I could say for sure that he did try to flirt with me but I was cold. He asked me to go to restaurants, go out in public with him, not sexual stuff( as the other 2 previous times), also he said he did miss me and missed kissing me....

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a complete idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Any more thoughts from guys? : (
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Take it as a hint that you should move on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.