Does anyone have a comprehensive list of stations that can come up in 4th year OSCEs? Preferably for Manchester medical school.
In previous years, I know there have been useful dropbox folders for OSCE revision - does anyone have any of these?
The specialities we cover are in 1 of the 2 semesters are:
- orthopedics & rheumatology
- care of the elderly
Any suggestions/ lists/ useful resources would be great, thank you
x Turn on thread page Beta
Year 4 OSCE stations list watch
- Thread Starter
- 24-10-2015 11:35
- 07-11-2015 11:47
I'm not a Manchester student so wouldn't be able to tell you exactly but usually it's things you'll commonly see in real life. A good way to get an idea is look at Masterpass for specialties, OSCE marksheets available online (this website is great for Neuro, ENT, Optho) and Psychiatry PRN for Psych stations.
Included an off the top of my head list below:
- Self-harm/suicide assessment
- Depression & Anxiety
Ortho & Rheum
- All the ortho exams - although Hip, Shoulder, Knee & Back are more common joints to have problems with
- Rheum either history or GALS
- Headache, Loss of Consciousness, Weakness are probably common histories
- All neuro exams (cranial nerves, upper/lower limb sensory/motor and cerebellar/gait & coordination exams)
- Rinnie and Weber's tests
- Fundoscopy, visual acuity, visual fields, colour testing using ishihara plates
- Discharge assessment
- Explaining medication
- Falls assessment
- Palliative history
- 29-12-2015 22:57
For psychiatry you can use trickcyclists: http://www.trickcyclists.co.uk/
The level is probably a bit higher than what would be expected at medical school, but it's a good guide nonetheless.