Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Due to popular demand, the M5 official thread.

Has anyone got C3 on the same day too.

ReputationRep:
    lol bit keen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gome44)
    lol bit keen
    lol someone asked me to make the thread. Are you doing it too. I'm only doing M1 Dynamics at the moment!!!

Lot of work to do.

ReputationRep:
    I may as well get on this pain train now. Just finished the content, not very comfortable with it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    I may as well get on this pain train now. Just finished the content, not very comfortable with it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have finished it already? I am still going over M2...

Have you completed your learning for STEP..

ReputationRep:
    In there nice and early
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    Due to popular demand, the M5 official thread.

Has anyone got C3 on the same day too.
    :rofl2: PRSOM.

This module must have less people studying it than S4.

:rave: good luck anyways!

ReputationRep:
    You have finished it already? I am still going over M2...

Have you completed your learning for STEP..
    I did M5 before M4 lol. Still got a few stats modules to finish, then onto step...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did M5 before M4 lol. Still got a few stats modules to finish, then onto step...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see. I have completed s2 and s3, not particularly difficult. I found. Are you doing decision 2 as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :rofl2: PRSOM.

This module must have less people studying it than S4.

:rave: good luck anyways!
    Thanks!

I suppose so

How is uni maths, harder/easier compared to a2 further maths?

ReputationRep:
    lol someone asked me to make the thread. Are you doing it too. I'm only doing M1 Dynamics at the moment!!!

Lot of work to do.
    I did it last year

Thanks!

I suppose so

lol why would it be easier than a levels? A levels are a pisstake compared to uni

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year

lol why would it be easier than a levels? A levels are a pisstake compared to uni
    ah nice.

Well only if you go oxbridge. If you do step/afm/fm then some unis will be easier no?

ReputationRep:
    ah nice.

Well only if you go oxbridge. If you do step/afm/fm then some unis will be easier no?
    fairly certain all university math courses are harder than a levels.

Probably make it easier for the first term (afm, fm). STEP will help out but again, you won't have a major advantage over people who didn't do it for too long

ReputationRep:

Probably make it easier for the first term (afm, fm). STEP will help out but again, you won't have a major advantage over people who didn't do it for too long
    You are probably right, sorry.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Thanks!

I suppose so

Mostly harder than A2 Further Maths.

In the first year some concepts from Edexcel's M2/S2/FP1/FP2/FP3 popped up but pretty much taught most of that from scratch.

This year some concepts from S3/S4 have popped up but again not a huge amount, and easy to pick up.

Algebra is just horrible, otherwise all the other modules aren't impossible but will be difficult to get 70+ in.

There are some interesting modules in the third year, depending on how the two first-year accounting modules I've picked go next semester I may do the follow-on modules next year. My friends who chose the first year Physics modules said that they're like A-level Physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Mostly harder than A2 Further Maths.

In the first year some concepts from Edexcel's M2/S2/FP1/FP2/FP3 popped up but pretty much taught most of that from scratch.

This year some concepts from S3/S4 have popped up but again not a huge amount, and easy to pick up.

Algebra is just horrible, otherwise all the other modules aren't impossible but will be difficult to get 70+ in.

There are some interesting modules in the third year, depending on how the two first-year accounting modules I've picked go next semester I may do the follow-on modules next year. My friends who chose the first year Physics modules said that they're like A-level Physics!
    I see

Thank you for the reply.

ReputationRep:

Did you do STEP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Did you do STEP?
    Nope

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know what you mean

Still much better than D1 though

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried that I'm being too ambitious with M5; many people say that it's by far the hardest unit. So far I've only learnt M3, and I'm fine with it. I've also learnt FP2 and it's fine. Last year I taught myself AS Maths – I got over 90% – and this year I'm teaching myself AS and A2 Further Maths. I've applied for Physics at university. I am not doing STEP or anything like that.

Based on this, do you think that I will be able to do well in M4/M5?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.